Best towing combo

Reaction score
Might need to lift the trailer
Oh lord, I hope not.

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im not saying a darn thing since I cant see it.

Id lower the rake out of the rear of the truck and put bags on it to get level waaaay before id f
do a bunch of crap to make it all taller. Been there before. Its not fun.

Reaction score
Im not saying a darn thing since I cant see it.

Id lower the rake out of the rear of the truck and put bags on it to get level waaaay before id f
do a bunch of crap to make it all taller. Been there before. Its not fun.
Truck has zero rake epmty, PO put a 1.5" leveling kit, and 35s on it, still has factory 250 block, with worn-out f-code springs in rear. I think I'm gonna be close to level, like I said, at worse I'll trim the front cap on the 5th wheel so I can utilize the last two adjustment holes on the pin box if needed

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

Reaction score
Bags came in, hopefully installing sunday

TyCorr

Reaction score
Put the bags on, hook up, raise it as much as you see fit and roll on.

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about charging the batteries in the fiber? Is it gonna drain the alternator if I have the batteries (3 wired in parallel) connected? I know it's just a 12 volt source, just never tried 3

Jomax

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about charging the batteries in the fiber? Is it gonna drain the alternator if I have the batteries (3 wired in parallel) connected? I know it's just a 12 volt source, just never tried 3

You mean the three batteries in the trailer? That wire coming off the 7pin just trickle charges them. Having 5 batteries won't hurt he alternator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You mean the three batteries in the trailer? That wire coming off the 7pin just trickle charges them. Having 5 batteries won't hurt he alternator.

Yes, sorry, fiver corrected to fiber. And thanks, that's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure. They are always gonna be fully charged before we go, but would be drained during the week of dry camping.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes, sorry, fiver corrected to fiber. And thanks, that's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure. They are always gonna be fully charged before we go, but would be drained during the week of dry camping.

I would looking into a solar panel to mount on the roof of the trailer., it'll keep the batteries topped off while dry camping. Works really well!

Reaction score
Yeah been searching on Google all morning, and last night, just not finding the info I want on specific brands that are good, and how many I need. When dry camping we literally only use the lights at night (sparingly to see to get ready and into bed), most of our time is spent outside walking hiking during day, and by fire at night. Our other issue is placement, I don't think roof mounts would work for me, as our usual dry camp spots are in the national park (SMNP) and are heavy tree covered. So remote with wire is our friend

Reaction score
I would looking into a solar panel to mount on the roof of the trailer., it'll keep the batteries topped off while dry camping. Works really well!

Do you have any specific recomendation per my description above?

Reaction score
Got am installed, pretty simple install compared to the 96 with outer bags, they say no drill, and they meant it. Gonna hook up to the 5er this week, and see where i need to adjust

Reaction score
Well, been on a couple trips now, takes about 35-40 psi to level the truck, but it rides very nice, now just have to raise the pin box cause the trailer is a little nose high. And go figure, I actually like the empty ride better now with about 35 psi in the bags too. I guess my F-codes are just that worn out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online