Best turbo upgrade for 2011 6.7

williamallen13

Reaction score
I have 2011 f250 deleted with the stock turbo now and was wanting to know what was the better turbo upgrade between installing a 2015 turbo upgrade with a billet wheel around $3,000? Or an s300 kit with all the piping like MPD's 66/74/.91A/R, I saw where they had it listed for $2,499.
Which would provide more hp and reliability? I do tow a 3,000 lb trailer sometimes.

JMart

Reaction score
A 3000lbs trailer? You sure your truck is rated for that?!

This site is starting to suck. Every time I see someone ask for advice or help all I see is comments like this. PSA is getting to be worse than the org with all the tools and IDE's running around here.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You can't really go wrong with either kit. The 2015 turbo is proving to be very reliable, but you also have tons of turbo options once you go to a T4 kit.

jcain

Reaction score
This site is starting to suck. Every time I see someone ask for advice or help all I see is comments like this. PSA is getting to be worse than the org with all the tools and IDE's running around here.

Who pissed in your cheerios? It's called a good clean joke. Run along while the 6.7 guys that are comfortable with each other have a few laughs.

jcain

Reaction score
I have 2011 f250 deleted with the stock turbo now and was wanting to know what was the better turbo upgrade between installing a 2015 turbo upgrade with a billet wheel around $3,000? Or an s300 kit with all the piping like MPD's 66/74/.91A/R, I saw where they had it listed for $2,499.
Which would provide more hp and reliability? I do tow a 3,000 lb trailer sometimes.

H&S makes an amazing turbo kit that addresses all the shortfalls.

Notneb

Reaction score

Yeah it was a joke, calm down...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the 2015 upgrade is the simplest most reliable means for what you're trying to do. The MPD kit is going to be a more versatile kit , allowing for more options , but for good power and reliability the 2015 turbo is a great move and pretty damn cheap. If you think you'll have plans of going bigger , go MPD or HS . The hs divided Kit comes out soon , I have a customer that's gonna run the divided with a bw369sxe , should be nasty. We sell every brand of turbo Kit available , let me know if I can help.

williamallen13

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
by saying I tow 3k means I do tow just not heavy so I don't know if it would matter, probably not.

williamallen13

Reaction score
The turbo may have to wait. After going under the truck today I realized the fluid I saw when I changed my oil a month ago is getting slightly worse. When I first saw it a month ago it seemed like it was leaking and stopped because the fluid seemed all dried up. Now it seemed fresher but no driveway spots. It also seemed thick and gummy. I'm thinking coolant but it may be oil. I can't see where it's coming from. This is the pic from today. Any ideas?
20150801_160029_1_.jpg

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
The turbo may have to wait. After going under the truck today I realized the fluid I saw when I changed my oil a month ago is getting slightly worse. When I first saw it a month ago it seemed like it was leaking and stopped because the fluid seemed all dried up. Now it seemed fresher but no driveway spots. It also seemed thick and gummy. I'm thinking coolant but it may be oil. I can't see where it's coming from. This is the pic from today. Any ideas?
20150801_160029_1_.jpg

Man that's nothing compared to trucks I've seen including my 7.3, but better safe then sorry. I'd keep an eye on my fluid levels and a old trick if you think it's your coolant is to mark your coolant level with a washable marker on the resivoir cold and check it cold every morning.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.