Best way to Launch

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Post a slip please.

Exactly. I would say that I'm suprised to see a shop recommending customers disable ABS features manually.... But I wouldn't want to lie to you lol

Steve you already have my slip.
12.9 @117 mph you bring it up every chance you get

636 rwhp on the dyno and bent 7 out of 8 rods

I have since added some nice rcd connecting rods and put the engine back together myself with care.

Still on stock head bolts and trans (I rebuilt it with parts from FORD) as well as stock heads and unported valve covers.

I will post a slip for you and a video as soon as the track opens next week.

What shop are you talking about bud? And I did not know the nhra/ihra/nhdra rule book required abs brakes as part of the safety inspection.

I am just a guy with a mediocre power 6.7 trying to talk to some other guys about launching the truck.:p

Last edited:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Have you tried a boosted launch with the new build yet?

If so do you have any pointers?

I have not. I already can't get traction unless I'm over 70mph so I would imagine a launch would be a waste of tires.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I am more than satisfied. If I want traction I will put slicks on it and go to the track. Until then I am still working on setting up everything else to my needs.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I am more than satisfied. If I want traction I will put slicks on it and go to the track. Until then I am still working on setting up everything else to my needs.

I understand and that is excellent.

My first trip to the track I thought I would just bolt slicks on and bam that was it. I got there and ran a 3.0 60 foot. I hope you have better luck than me with the traction issues. It has been frustrating, but maybe this thread will get on track and we can get some good info on how to hook these trucks up.

What size slicks would you use?

Last edited:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I haven't even looked into it to be honest. But I don't have any defuel issues when I turn advancetrac off. Just for OP reference.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I haven't even looked into it to be honest. But I don't have any defuel issues when I turn advancetrac off. Just for OP reference.

So in theory on your truck you could just hold the brake and do an infinite burnout with no defuel?

Do you have a rear locker?
How much boost pressure can you build sitting still without the rear tires starting to turn?

dseitler

Reaction score
I would like to get this thread back on coarse and on topic. Any other ideas and experiences would be greatly appreciated. I figured out I was not turning the advance Trac off but because of this thread I now how to do it the right way. I tried to launch a couple of time on Sunday. It was much better but I am still de-fueling with the locker on. Without it on I can roast the tires but not always both. I have to get my meter out and make sure I installed the SPE locker correctly.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The way I understand it the light on the dash should not be on and the computer should not know that the locker is on and should not enable traction control while it's locked

RedRice589

Reaction score
I would like to get this thread back on coarse and on topic. Any other ideas and experiences would be greatly appreciated. I figured out I was not turning the advance Trac off but because of this thread I now how to do it the right way. I tried to launch a couple of time on Sunday. It was much better but I am still de-fueling with the locker on. Without it on I can roast the tires but not always both. I have to get my meter out and make sure I installed the SPE locker correctly.

I don't use the locker personally. Didn't use it in my 6.4 and don't now.ci have more issues with it locked.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.