Big Builds?

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Ill post up a build on our 6.7L build once we get track times and the truck is back together in the next month or so maybe, the engine is still on a stand being re assembled!

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
alright man keep us updated. I'm not looking to build the engine with rods, ect. Was more hoping to have a nice compound setup I could throw on and tune. But either way keep us updated, it's always nice to see advancements on engine platforms.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Thats what we did and its got a very nice acces hole to replace rods.. 100hp injectors from industrial injection and compound kit from Industrial injection as well.. they are a pmr motor. And if we learned anything from pmrs they suck, 7 bent rods and one snapped.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
heres some pictures of our build!

Attachments

• 67LFordInjector.jpg
    67LFordInjector.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 67Powerstrokecompounds.jpg
    67Powerstrokecompounds.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 67LPowerstroke3.jpg
    67LPowerstroke3.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 67Lpowerstroke4.jpg
    67Lpowerstroke4.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 67LPowerstroke6.jpg
    67LPowerstroke6.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 175

FORD7.3

Reaction score
few more pictures. The crower rods are the largest set of rods that will fit in a 6.7l block, we are the first ones to have them on the market as far as we know. Crower designed those rods around our replacement block.

Attachments

• 67Lpowerstroke7.jpg
    67Lpowerstroke7.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 67Lpowerstroke8.jpg
    67Lpowerstroke8.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 67Lpowerstroke9.jpg
    67Lpowerstroke9.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 156
  • 67Lpowerstroke10.jpg
    67Lpowerstroke10.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Crower67LRod1.jpg
    Crower67LRod1.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
few more pictures. The crower rods are the largest set of rods that will fit in a 6.7l block, we are the first ones to have them on the market as far as we know. Crower designed those rods around our replacement block.

I don't know who you represent, but it sure looks like you're trying to take some of Crower's??? credit for helping design the rods. I didn't know Crower currently has rods available. I offer you a pat on the back for sending in your stock ford block so they could get the project done faster. I know ANYONE who deals with Carrillo, or Crower for that matter will sell you a set of those rods, not just SPE, Elite, or whoever you represent.

To the OP: We hope to have our 6.7 truck with a race engine loaded with real power goodies down the track by NHRDA worlds, but are stuck waiting on the machine shop balancing the rotating assy. We (Elite) have no plans for SEMA.

As requested-

67timeslip1.jpg

I'm guessing this is a single cab, so about 7500 #? That puts 600 HP to the ground. Do I understand this correctly?

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
The spe truck seems to run good. Yea its got rods, but other than that is intake, tune, and atmospheric charger in front of a stock Turbo. If I read that right a few weeks ago

sent from somewhere in the country

Mpoage

Reaction score
The spe truck seems to run good. Yea its got rods, but other than that is intake, tune, and atmospheric charger in front of a stock Turbo. If I read that right a few weeks ago

sent from somewhere in the country
It's running an aftermarket high pressure charger now.

553514_421034807938210_1975071589_n.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Thats what we did and its got a very nice acces hole to replace rods.. 100hp injectors from industrial injection and compound kit from Industrial injection as well.. they are a pmr motor. And if we learned anything from pmrs they suck, 7 bent rods and one snapped.

6.4's have PMR's. Good for 1250 on fuel. There is a LOT more to the equation than just rod material. The alligator motor being destroyed was last years news though. Thread up about it already. Glad you are excited about your new job there.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
I don't know who you represent, but it sure looks like you're trying to take some of Crower's??? credit for helping design the rods. I didn't know Crower currently has rods available. I offer you a pat on the back for sending in your stock ford block so they could get the project done faster. I know ANYONE who deals with Carrillo, or Crower for that matter will sell you a set of those rods, not just SPE, Elite, or whoever you represent.

To the OP: We hope to have our 6.7 truck with a race engine loaded with real power goodies down the track by NHRDA worlds, but are stuck waiting on the machine shop balancing the rotating assy. We (Elite) have no plans for SEMA.

I'm guessing this is a single cab, so about 7500 #? That puts 600 HP to the ground. Do I understand this correctly?

On here im not representing anyone as we do not sponsor here, I work for Alligator Performance and was simply sharing our build. Not taking any credit for Crowers work at all being as they built the rods on there time our dime. All I know is our short block was sent down to them so they could design the rods for the 6.7. All I was told, all I asked. And yes we offer the Crower rods. Sorry for any confusion.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
6.4's have PMR's. Good for 1250 on fuel. There is a LOT more to the equation than just rod material. The alligator motor being destroyed was last years news though. Thread up about it already. Glad you are excited about your new job there.

Thanks, So far love the new job! Hope one day we'll be on here sponsoring! :thumbup:

Danny26

Reaction score

OT, but who did 1250 on fuel?

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
I'd like to talk you out of a set of twins lol

I'd be cool with running a single setup, I just havent seen anything out or being talked about.

I havent heard of anything, but Im looking forward to what yours turns out like.

Been wondering what you were doing in regards to lift etc.

Any serious interest in your truck?

by big builds you mean lift, tires, & wheels?:shrug:

Yeah, kinda just meant in general. I guess "big" wasn't needed in the title. I was just curious what people had going on. I do like seeing big trucks being built though.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Nope, not really. I had one guy on another forum offer a number to which I said bring me the money and its yours. Apparently he didnt have the money bc I havent heard back from him.
Gotta love those types

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I know rods is pretty heavy for a solution but hopefully they prove to be the main weak link in these trucks. I love mine more each time I drive it. I just wish I had a different turbo setup so I wouldn't worry about the stock one tanking..

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Im gonna call LME or HKE on monday to see if their interested in replacing rods and take a look at what they think might be other items of interest to replace. They built a couple engines for old cars of mine. Ive never heard them talk about or asked if they do diesel work. I'll see. If its within reason $$ wise ill go with it.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Alright I'm gonna start getting parts together for the performance side. Crower the only company currently offering aftermarket rods? Any news of other companies coming out with anything soon? Just like weighing my options.

Turbo kits...Industrial Injection, SPE? Wont lie I havent kept up with the performance side of things much. Recommendations, advice?

Fuel systems, pumps, injectors? Just realized I have a lot of research to do...

If no other companies are coming out with rods anytime soon I'll buy the crower set tomorrow. Beyond that Im just looking for advice from you guys that have gone down this road. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Latest posts

Members online