Big Builds?

Layson

Reaction score
Can't wait to see your truck! When are you getting started on the lift? SEMA will be here before you know it... LOL

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Can't wait to see your truck! When are you getting started on the lift? SEMA will be here before you know it... LOL

You and me both bud. Marty said Dave's been swamped with work outside OUO, so its just taking a while. I believe DV8 ordered before me and just recently received their kit so I'm supposed to be next. Hopefully soon...

Layson

Reaction score
Is Marty putting it on? If he is, take some time off and go help out if he lets you. It is a crazy process.. LOL

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Is Marty putting it on? If he is, take some time off and go help out if he lets you. It is a crazy process.. LOL

Yes, Marty. Just depends on how this turn around goes at work. I'm supposed to be working 13 on, 1 off for 2 months come mid September. I'm hoping to get down to TT's before we start that. Not sure they want me lending a hand, I'll just get in the way. haha

On his last truck we did he was at the shop pretty much all day. LOL

I was bored man! I had no ride, my rooms internet was terrible, and Blas was a wealth of stories. I sat and talked to him all day and occasionally went back to bug Justin. Probably do the same thing this time too. :thumbsup:

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Our motor is back in the frame rails right now, buttoning everything back up tonight and tomorrow so hopefully we can take it for a spin this weekend!!

SAK

Reaction score
Yes, Marty. Just depends on how this turn around goes at work. I'm supposed to be working 13 on, 1 off for 2 months come mid September. I'm hoping to get down to TT's before we start that. Not sure they want me lending a hand, I'll just get in the way. haha

I was bored man! I had no ride, my rooms internet was terrible, and Blas was a wealth of stories. I sat and talked to him all day and occasionally went back to bug Justin. Probably do the same thing this time too. :thumbsup:

If I would have known you were going to be down I would have taken a day off from my real day job. Maybe this time around if I end up moving back to mcallen soon

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
If I would have known you were going to be down I would have taken a day off from my real day job. Maybe this time around if I end up moving back to mcallen soon

Sounds good man. Marty's confident I wont be down as long as I was last time, but I'm game for whatever. Lets just stay away from any place the cartel's hang out. I dont want to get kid napped and loose my head.

SAK

Reaction score
Sounds good man. Marty's confident I wont be down as long as I was last time, but I'm game for whatever. Lets just stay away from any place the cartel's hang out. I dont want to get kid napped and loose my head.

I steer clear of those places.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Alright I'm gonna start getting parts together for the performance side. Crower the only company currently offering aftermarket rods? Any news of other companies coming out with anything soon? Just like weighing my options.

Turbo kits...Industrial Injection, SPE? Wont lie I havent kept up with the performance side of things much. Recommendations, advice?

Fuel systems, pumps, injectors? Just realized I have a lot of research to do...

If no other companies are coming out with rods anytime soon I'll buy the crower set tomorrow. Beyond that Im just looking for advice from you guys that have gone down this road. Thanks in advance.

Jon

I've seen 100 HP injectors from industrial injection, Carrillo and Cower make rods, industrial is the only twin turbo kit I know of, air dog 165 pump for fuel, elite has head studs and push rods and valve springs.

That's all I've found do far, I'm looking hard into starting to round this stiff up for mine and see what it can really do

Spatel23

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with it this early in its development (aftermarket performance) to be honest.
Nothing has been proven to this point, except the fact that the rods suck. No telling what kind of potential it has or doesn't have at this point.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree with Shone on this one too many different companies making parts and not much of a complete package wait till someone throws a complete package together that actually makes some.power before getting too carried away. I know parts that will push the 6.7 to the next level are still prob another 6 months out... Just hang right let someone else figure out how hard it is to break a block or crank at 700 HP lol

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I agree with Shone on this one too many different companies making parts and not much of a complete package wait till someone throws a complete package together that actually makes some.power before getting too carried away. I know parts that will push the 6.7 to the next level are still prob another 6 months out... Just hang right let someone else figure out how hard it is to break a block or crank at 700 HP lol

this is the biggest reason why i am sitting back and waiting. Ive swapped some emails with some folks that i would trust and have been very successful at what they do and built lots of big power trucks and still are in the 6.4 world. There are lots of things in development and untill they are out for the public and have been proven products im just going to wait and see what happens then ill start rounding up parts and building mine up.

Latest posts

Members online