Big hybrid vs. smaller hybrid idle

D66stroke

Reaction score
Sorry I suck at remembering stuff, we also replaced the cam sensor due to a CPS code since he said that will change timing, it smoothed it out completely and was idling awesome for about 20 minutes until I got home and then the crappy idle came back..

D66stroke

Reaction score
Is the DTC back? May want to go back and have them pull the codes again?

The CPS code has been there for awhile, at least since I've started using a Edge CS for monitoring. I just never thought much about changing it because I was always under the impression that a bad CPS would only cause a truck to randomly stall, which mine never did. So it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that my injector builder told me a bad CPS will change timing as well, and that's when it was changed. The code hasn't been back since according to my monitor

superpsd

Reaction score
Most of the time I have had a bad CPS it stalls and catches itself but one time it was running and idling like crap and a new CPS took care of that. How rough of an idle are we talking. Like a lope or just a little off? You said it shakes the cab?

D66stroke

Reaction score
Most of the time I have had a bad CPS it stalls and catches itself but one time it was running and idling like crap and a new CPS took care of that. How rough of an idle are we talking. Like a lope or just a little off? You said it shakes the cab?

Yeah like I said the truck idle'd really smooth once I changed the CPS, but only lasted 20 minutes or so. The oil was up to temp when it was changed, I still have the burn mark on my finger from the CPS bolt lol. So it wasn't like it had a smooth idle from cold oil. The idle is just a little off, enough that the cab shakes, or the whole truck for that matter

D66stroke

Reaction score
Unplugged the ICP and found oil on the pigtail and in the sensor, started it and was smooth as glass. This was about 5 minutes ago so I'm still waiting for the oil to get hot to see if it goes back to how it normally is, but going to get a new ICP and pigtail today. The CPS code came back right after unplugging the ICP, it says camshaft position sensor circuit bank 1 or something.. Are there any other issues associated with the CPS that I could look into or is that normal when unplugging the ICP? I know just because the CPS is new doesn't mean it's good but it's a International piece so I wouldn't think it'd go bad within a couple weeks, especially considering the code just popped up when I disabled the ICP sensor

D66stroke

Reaction score
That was short-lived excitement.. Oil got to about 180 and was chopping away. I'm going to order a IPR re-seal and see what that does

D66stroke

Reaction score
The IPR seems to work how it should, truck doesn't buck or anything so I ordered a re-seal kit, also no oil in the IPR pigtail and wires seemed ok. New ICP and pigtail comes in tomorrow

Latest posts

Members online