Billet rods and girdle

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
Ok I'm fixing to order billet rods and a girdle for the engine I been planning in building for awhile. But due to work and winter hunting it got put on hold lol. So just curious on some of yalls recommendations on rods and girdles. I been considering mikes diesel's girdle and maybe even R&R connecting rods.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
Knowing me there is no telling how much further I'll take it. Right no I'm staying with 250/100s. I may add a dual hpop and bigger turbo later on. But right now just finally upgrading from a completly stock motor no studs, springs, etc.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Call and talk to Dave at Swamps before you buy anyones girdle. They have their place, but they are far from perfect.

As for Rods, Crower...Hypermax...R&R...take your pick.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
May want to consider a partial fill as well. As far girdles go, there are 2 bolt, 4 bolt, and bedplates. All depends on how much you want to spend.

DocBar

Reaction score
May want to consider a partial fill as well. As far girdles go, there are 2 bolt, 4 bolt, and bedplates. All depends on how much you want to spend.
The partial fill was part of the Swamps link. If/when I do this again, I'll definitely spend the $$ for a Swamps bedplate.

Black 02

Reaction score
The partial fill was part of the Swamps link. If/when I do this again, I'll definitely spend the $$ for a Swamps bedplate.

Care to shed some light on why this is? I was thinking of buying a motor like you currently have. Does not come with a bed plate.

DocBar

Reaction score
Care to shed some light on why this is? I was thinking of buying a motor like you currently have. Does not come with a bed plate.
You can get main walk with a girdle. The bedplate supposedly eliminates it. I'm working strictly with info off of here on that. Swamps bedplate is supposed to be the cats ass and if I ever get that far down into my motor again, it will have one and a partial fill.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
No way in hell mains are moving with the bedplate. Other option is to use the girdle to stabilize the bottom end and have the main caps pinned so there wont be any "walk". Depends on your budget...whether you want to hassle with the oil pan mods for the bedplate (maybe swamps has "ready to go" pans now...have not checked lately) and whether your machine shop has any experience adding dowel pins (can they do it without screwing it up).

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Other option is to use the girdle to stabilize the bottom end and have the main caps pinned so there wont be any "walk". Depends on your budget...whether you want to hassle with the oil pan mods for the bedplate (maybe swamps has "ready to go" pans now...have not checked lately) and whether your machine shop has any experience adding dowel pins (can they do it without screwing it up).

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

So there are shops pinning (putting a dowel from the block into the main bearing cap on both sides of the main bearing) the main bearing caps??? I was going to do that on my built engine to keep the main bearings from walking..

If that is what they are doing then i guess the idea I had was not a NEW idea! I never heard of anyone doing it. I was just going to do it. see how it worked. Then sell a kit for the DIY guys. I guess i am behind the times!! LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
You may have truble finding stuff thats ready to.go right.now. Parts arent abundant, itbseems.

Latest posts

Members online