Billet rods and girdle

Black 02

Reaction score
You can get main walk with a girdle. The bedplate supposedly eliminates it. I'm working strictly with info off of here on that. Swamps bedplate is supposed to be the cats ass and if I ever get that far down into my motor again, it will have one and a partial fill.

Is this something your DI engine is having issues with, or are you just trying to be proactive in the future.

DocBar

Reaction score
Is this something your DI engine is having issues with, or are you just trying to be proactive in the future.
Just being proactive in the future. I've done a good bit of reading and talking to people about the partial fill and like what I've read/heard. It's just more peace of mind than anything else. I've had zero mechanical issues with the DI motor other than some oil leaks.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Just being proactive in the future. I've done a good bit of reading and talking to people about the partial fill and like what I've read/heard. It's just more peace of mind than anything else. I've had zero mechanical issues with the DI motor other than some oil leaks.

Dave at Swamps says he recommends doing a partial fill first. Girdle won't do the same as block fill. Block flex mostly.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Call and talk to Dave at Swamps before you buy anyones girdle. They have their place, but they are far from perfect.

As for Rods, Crower...Hypermax...R&R...take your pick.

I agree. I dont know as much as Dennis but my understanding is bedplate or nothing. I like the bedplate but I think you have to fabricate your own oil pan. Unless Swamps makes them now.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
They do. I was over there the other day. 2900 something with hardware. They said their rods are different composition but im drawing a blank on the material.

Don't they say their rods are stronger than billet?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes!! They were explaining how they tested them and revised them. I was under the impression their rods, hardware, and pistons were about 5 grand to build a motor. When I yanked my motor last fall I priced out a hypermax built motor using their parts and it was gonna be over 9 grand for a box of parts and Id have to have a block to stuff this crap in.

They build great parts but Im thinking Im gonna be a 500hp kinda guy ;)

Nor to derail but Im getting close:
20130406_171956_zpsd8895f57.jpg

20130406_144028_zps63fa7cdf.jpg

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh, and to cover it all up with 14 year old wires....ive.got more pics somewhere.

Thanks for the positive comments. I like natural metal but we have nasty corrosives on our roads for winter so its not an option.

20130407_183830_zpsc69420e5.jpg

Put this exhaust on today. Painted it over the winter. No tip yet. Probsbly 7" polished.
20130407_184320_zps2aa7aa3a.jpg

Duplicolor truck bedliner as finish coat on crosmember and frame horns
20130406_173456_zps274ee274.jpg

Heres the project manager! He's three. If you ask him its his truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes!! They were explaining how they tested them and revised them. I was under the impression their rods, hardware, and pistons were about 5 grand to build a motor. When I yanked my motor last fall I priced out a hypermax built motor using their parts and it was gonna be over 9 grand for a box of parts and Id have to have a block to stuff this crap in.

They build great parts but Im thinking Im gonna be a 500hp kinda guy ;)

Nor to derail but Im getting close:
20130406_171956_zpsd8895f57.jpg

20130406_144028_zps63fa7cdf.jpg

daaaaammmmmmmnnnnn! that thing looks sweet homie!!
but why are your valve covers on backwards?
live life full throttle

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont ever go on the passenger side :shrug: Unless Im hammered, but I dont usually check or add oil in that scenario.

Dont worry Jake, they'll be on the correct bank when its all done. Thats what the project manager is.for bra :poke:

Oh, you guys wont believe this.chit. Got the beru gp's and 40k miles later they look too good.to change. And Im a "do it while im in there" guy.

Aaand I wont tell you what injectors are going to.actually end up in there. Ive been laughed at enough.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Has anybody ever rigged up permanent lighting that would illuminate the engine.bay? Im thinking leds that would shine up top, towards the sides, and underneath on a switch. Maybe.some more to illuminate the accessory belt drive for inspection? Waddya think? Im tired of holding a friggin flashlight with my teeth. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.