Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What would happen if I spliced a ground wire to the wire that suppose to be grounded? I can check to see if the #25 wire at the PCM plug is grounded

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I believe the reference volts (+5v) and ground is the same that goes to all the sensors. Each sensor sends their own value back to the ECM.

Did you drive the truck with the single HPOP on and the Gen 3 removed?

Billy T.
[email protected]

79jasper

Reaction score
From the diagram I have, that is correct.
All the grounds are tied together, and all the vref are together.
Goes into the idm and pcm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I believe the reference volts (+5v) and ground is the same that goes to all the sensors. Each sensor sends their own value back to the ECM.

Did you drive the truck with the single HPOP on and the Gen 3 removed?

Billy T.
[email protected]

I did not. If I had the plug for the back of the hpop handy I would have tried it.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Did a little more work this evening. Got ground at the sensor and ground wire at pcm connector is grounded.

One thing that I can not understand is why is there a 400-500 psi difference between the actual psi and the reading the computer is seeing.

IMG_0147_zpsx0mqplb1.jpg

Look at the bottom gauge that is coming off the ICP sensor, it shows the same as my scangauge monitor. If the computer was seeing the actual psi as shown by my mechanical gauge I doubt it would throwing a code. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
When the mechanic had truck on computer it was throwing the P1211 code

P1211 sets if ICP is 410 psi above or 280 psi below the desired pressure for 7.5 seconds.

That is a problem

Jomax

Reaction score
I got air in my HPOP system? :morons:

What they're trying to say is. The truck ran better with the gen 3 out of the equation, but you never drove it with it removed. I say remove the Gen 3 and run it with a single Hpop and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
What they're trying to say is. The truck ran better with the gen 3 out of the equation, but you never drove it with it removed. I say remove the Gen 3 and run it with a single Hpop and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's exactly what we've been saying all along... Remove the f'ing gen3 and drive the f'ing thing. He's said himself it ran better before without it...
I got air in my HPOP system? :morons:
No you think headed moron... We've all been saying for quite some time to take the f'ing gen3 off and see if you're still having problems! But you refuse to understand that!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Ok...I'll admit I haven't open to taking the Gen 3 off. Diesel J got a Gen 3, put it on, and no long term problems. So why the hell is mine different? Sowething I did or something wrong? That's what I've been trying to figure out. I hope I didn't give you guys the impression that I have GOT to get this truck on the road and nobody is helping me. Been hoping it was something simple

Members online

No members online now.