Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I got oil pressure!!

My rigidly oil pressure gauge says about 20psi on slow cranking at the hpop Rez. Got 500 psi on the hpo system. I'm guessing that's all it's gonna do with no electrical hook up.

IMG_0026_zps6uednsvd.jpg

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Yeah I'm in a dirty work place there. I can try to put some paint on.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
That is a standard hpop with a gen3 oil pump stacked on top of it. You will need one of those when the stock hpop can't keep up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so is it gear driven off the front? its not just a lift pump? So we have 2 high pressure pumps here?

m j

Reaction score
so is it gear driven off the front? its not just a lift pump? So we have 2 high pressure pumps here?

you could use the search function or we can go through the whole thing in this thread...

t444e have the powersteering pump mounted in the valley above the HPOP
some smart fellow back in the day took off the steering pump and put a $200 gear pump in its place to supplemant the HPOP

I believe swamps sells a custom built version and calls it a Gen3, its probably the least expensive big oil
the gen3 name was coined by someone else though , maybe Rosewood, I would have to google if his old webpage was up showing the HPOP experimentation he did. http://www.rosewooddieselshop.com/DZLJIM/Ford/HPOP.htm

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
ive used 4 different search criteria and came up with nothing.

I recognized the 444 housing. But is this an actual high pressure pump, or is it just a feed for the hpop?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
It's an additional hpop that ties in at the high pressure exit port. The stock hpop may only be at 10% D.C.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Look at rosewoods page. And Google gen 3 hpop.

The gen 3 style only setup has some little issues from what I've read. Extended crank starting and hot start issues are the two that come to mind. That style above is a smaller "gen 3" pump and a stock hpop. The "gen 3" style pump provides the additional volume on top, while the stock hpop eliminates starting issues.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
ah Ic, so theres no backfeeding issue though? youve got 2 pump outlets meeting and one seems to be pushing out more volume/pressure then the other?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Yeah. There is another port on the back of the hpop that the other pumps pushes oil through

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ah Ic, so theres no backfeeding issue though? youve got 2 pump outlets meeting and one seems to be pushing out more volume/pressure then the other?
man, I thought I was behind in time.. lol..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I dont know wtf im talking about

live life full throttle

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
man, I thought I was behind in time.. lol..

live life full throttle

All of my work has been in an OEM setting. I have never ever dealt with high performance apps.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I love that it's all factory controlled. Also I bet if one failed you could still drive fine

Magnum PD

Reaction score
th_IMG_0029_zpsvjvbimcy.jpg

It's alive! Again
Feels good that I put, almost, all of it together and it's running. This was just a short run time