Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

gnxtc2

Reaction score
When you re-torque fasteners, you need to back them off slightly. It takes more torque to break "free" a fastener that was torqued previously.

Plus, did you torque cycle the studs? The reason you torque cycle the studs is to give them the proper stretch.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got oil drained, pan off, flipped motor and from what I can tell things good.

IMG_0043_zpsdebdczrx.jpg

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Trying to decide if I should use the Grey RTV sealant AND the moroso gasket together. Gasket has expanded from heat some so, that is a minus

Got the DT444e rez off the Gen 3 to get powered coated (cough) Jake (cough) along with the fuel regulator holder that I fabbed up, and the valve clovers. Gonna tell them to use a gloss black.

Is there anything else I should do before I put the oil pan back on for the last time?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Trying to decide if I should use the Grey RTV sealant AND the moroso gasket together. Gasket has expanded from heat some so, that is a minus

Got the DT444e rez off the Gen 3 to get powered coated (cough) Jake (cough) along with the fuel regulator holder that I fabbed up, and the valve clovers. Gonna tell them to use a gloss black.

Is there anything else I should do before I put the oil pan back on for the last time?
sweet!

do yourself a favor and use gray death on the pan... not just gray rtv and the gasket that has already deformed..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
and seal the dip stick tube nut in the pan with gray death

live life full throttle

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Yeah I got the grey "death" sealant and did the dipstick tube adapter the first go around.

I did check the torque on the main caps that I could get to along with the connecting rod bolts.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Went ahead and sent my valve covers, the doghouse ccv, regulator mount, and the Gen 3 Rez off to be powered coated gloss black.

IMG_0050_zpsp5bmuibf.jpg

MeTo

Reaction score
Yes, the conversation I had with my wife concerning girdles after seeing the pic and before posting a silly comment.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
But not something that will guarantee your block will stay together if you have it.

My powercoating parts came out sexy though.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
But not something that will guarantee your block will stay together if you have it.

My powercoating parts came out sexy though.
tue.. but does help hold it together.

gonna look spanktastic!

live life full throttle

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'll have to get some pics when I get some paint on block and get the black powered parts on.

TyCorr

Reaction score
tue.. but does help hold it together.

gonna look spanktastic!

live life full throttle

Yea when used along side concrete it helps hold 7.3s together. Guys waaaaay smarter than myself say 8-900 is the threshold where a bedplate becomes necessary.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.