Blinkers quit

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Get the truck back yesterday and today I go for a drive they worked for a little bit then quit everything else works except the blinkers. It is raining kinda and very wet out.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Did you refill the blinker fluid? Haha had to say it.

I'd check the back of the headlight on the connector. I've had mine come undone every once in a while

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Does anyone have a turn signal wiring diagram and i have power at the box but no signal indication.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

staxxxmcgee

Reaction score
Not what year you've got but Could be Turn Signal Relay/Flasher or Switch. Do your 4 way flashers work?

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Nope the four ways do not work we have narrowed it to the relay the switch where the *** are the 2.27 2.29 fuses

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
The four ways do not work
We have narrowed it to the
Relay
Fuses 2.27 or 2.29?
And the switch.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Make sure your 4-way hazard light button on the top of the steering column isn't pressed.
IIRC correctly if the relay for the 4-ways is bad, and the button is pressed (to turn on the 4-ways) the turn signals will not work either.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Make sure your 4-way hazard light button on the top of the steering column isn't pressed.
IIRC correctly if the relay for the 4-ways is bad, and the button is pressed (to turn on the 4-ways) the turn signals will not work either.

ok so if I move the lever switch a little bit it causes a screching noise. The button is pressed to off no indication turned to on no indication either.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
My turn signal flasher crapped out in my truck a while back and it took forever to find it. It's in a block behind the radio by the firewall. I believe there was 3 relays together. 2 big ones and 1 small one.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
My turn signal flasher crapped out in my truck a while back and it took forever to find it. It's in a block behind the radio by the firewall. I believe there was 3 relays together. 2 big ones and 1 small one.

Thank you they do not show it in any diagrams or any where for location. What is the easiest way to access it.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Thank you they do not show it in any diagrams or any where for location. What is the easiest way to access it.

No problem man. It's been a little while since I did it. But you have to take off the hat hook, then the cupholder. There is 2 screws in the front of the holder and 2 under the bottom you access from where the hook was at. (Small ratchet and extention works best) 8mm I think.

Then it's just removing the other dash pieces around the radio until you can get to them.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I can not get the dash apart do I need to pull the radio it is factory.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Thanks for the help it was the relay and I broke one of tje 12v plug ins on the dash. I am having a hard time getting the glove box to be fluid motions again and all the holes lined up ideas?

Arisley

Reaction score
Take it all back apart and start over.

Not kidding, you put something in there wrong, something is not lined up correctly.

Take it apart until you find it.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
What he said^^^. It should all line up properly if everything is put back right. It's probably something small and easily overlooked.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Bump
Almost made it four months before it sh*t out on me today:redspotdance:. Should I replace it or look for a gremlin that may cause this I have the updated version of the relay. The gem module has been ruled out, just the hazards again and dash pulling time take two this week:fustrate:.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Well went through 8 or so 20a mini yellows for the blinkers today, the ground is good in my driveway at least. The old relay was melted and constantly I am popping a fuse when I use my blinkers while driving once my blinkers are gone so are my brake/reverse lights. I can not find the fault between the fuse block and where the relay is. At a lose living somewhere else now just moved have barely any tools with me right now.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
.4-.65 0hms while hot with good fuse at idle 5.1-6.75 ohms both times I jiggled the wires did not pop a fuse.
Next four ways pulled 7.15-8 ohms and blinkers 6.9-7.35
This is at the hazard lamp relay.
Is this the proper amount of pull as I do not have my diagrams with me atm.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
.4-.65 0hms while hot with good fuse at idle 5.1-6.75 ohms both times I jiggled the wires did not pop a fuse.
Next four ways pulled 7.15-8 ohms and blinkers 6.9-7.35
This is at the hazard lamp relay.
Is this the proper amount of pull as I do not have my diagrams with me atm.

Had it on the wrong setting :fustrate: New meter dumbass me.

.04-.06 while not running
.51-.75 while idling
four ways and blinkers .7-.83
cannot find a short or why I have gone through 10 fuses so far in the past two days. new relay followed wires, grounds, ground continuity tests and I can find a short or any bad wires now.

Latest posts

Members online