Block filling

m j

Reaction score
locally I can find the moroso stuff for $22 a gallon
havent found Hardblok or embecco 885 yet

m j

Reaction score
Hardblok emailed me back, they do not have a Canadian distributor.

I really do not like the counter clowns at Mopac so would hate to have to buy the moroso stuff from them. I like the owners, I bought my first N2O kit from George back in the 80s.

will keep hunting the embeco 885

m j

Reaction score
my block is cleaned and checked out at the machine shop.
so to fill it I still need my main studs and girdle to arrive from Mikes Diesel

do I waste a set of head gaskets to torque the heads on while it cures?

JDub

Reaction score
I used Hardblok, got it from jegs. I did basically the same steps that Hotrodtractor did, except I had some metal plates instead of wood blocks. Mine was filled to just above the freeze plugs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

m j

Reaction score
coolant flow for the oil cooler doesnt seem that difficult
the end that goes to the front cover probably wont be affected by a block fill
the other end that goes to the block probably needs to have coolant get to it.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
in for more info, how did your guys fills come out? any details you can spare? i ordered some hardblok and looking to tackle this project in the next couple weeks

m j

Reaction score
finally ready to fill. so last chance to choose between embecco885 or moroso.
we deal with BrockWhite and i think i can get the embacco from them

Reaction score
Iv used embecco 885 and it is good stuff. It contains a good bit of metallic aggregate and matches the thermal expansion properties of the block the closest I have seen.

When I do them I thoroughly clean the water jackets with a pressure washer. Install your main caps and girdle. Tape off the deck and cut out around water jackets. Make revisions to allow coolant flow to the water pump and oil cooler. I used tubing to simulate the passage then tape it off. Mix up your filler to a consistency that will flow easily. Fill one side to desired level. Torque head on that side or I use a deck plate. Wait 12 hours do the same to the other side. Check the filler and remove the passage provisions as soon as the filler is cured enough. Using a screw driver smooth ports and remove excess from around ports and in the tops of the water jackets. Once both sides are done let cure for a week then have your machine work done to the block ensuring they check line bore

m j

Reaction score
no go on Brock and White in Canada. local said they carry it in Winnipeg head office, then changed that to they dont have it and tried to sell me some non metallic Target crap that is nothing like what I was asking for.

is there a distributor in WA state for Embeco885 which I believe is now Masterflow885?

appreciate any help in this.

Reaction score
no go on Brock and White in Canada. local said they carry it in Winnipeg head office, then changed that to they dont have it and tried to sell me some non metallic Target crap that is nothing like what I was asking for.

is there a distributor in WA state for Embeco885 which I believe is now Masterflow885?

appreciate any help in this.
Yes I believe it is named masterflow885 same formulation. You don't want to cheap out on this use the good stuff

m j

Reaction score
I am having no luck here locally.
HardBlok doesnt have a cdn distributor
BrockWhite canada says no

I have a case of the Moroso stuff here but I wanted to go with Embeco885

Members online

No members online now.