Blowing coolant out the cap

teamheeler87

Reaction score
This morning I started my truck and let it warm up for about 10 min. Got in it and drove to the office. Didn't get on it hard just kinda putted around and cruised. When I got to the office I noticed the driver side wheel well was wet and then a stream of coolant steamed down from underneath the hood. I looked and it came from my reservoir cap. Which I had just replaced because of a similar thing happening. What's going on?

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Sounds like you might need a head gasket is your truck studded or do u have a egr delete

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Does your coolant smell like diesel fuel or do u c a rainbow in the coolant bottle

teamheeler87

Reaction score
Well okay then. Head studs and gaskets it is. One more question. Some people say use the food head gasket some day use aftermarket. What should I get?

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
The min line is the new max line, if you fill it to the max with tunes its gonna burp coolant. Is your heater blowing cold air at idle then warm air under acceleration?
If cold air most likely gaskets which is my deal, if not and you just over filled tank and faulty cap i would replace cap for 15$ and fill to min line and try thst before a horny mechanic starts tearing things apart for 69$ hr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.