body shop hurt my engine.....

Gleebag

Reaction score
Yeah that's my thread Corb. I really hope for your sake it's nothing what I had. But if need be you'll have a real cool built motor.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Best of luck Mr Corbin! Hopefully you find the time to let us know what took place.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
UPDATE....

Manual compression test showed that compression is still perfect, and the P0016 code is now showing as a "ghost code", but when pinpoint checked, it is not out of sync....

Fuel system test, with stethoscope, showed that the rail pressure is around 6,000 psi, and the injectors are firing, or, trying to fire.... Which is leading us to believe that the oil in the cylinders may have clogged the nozzles, and that is why she is getting no fuel.... so, I am prob getting 8 new injectors...

But, we shall see in the next day or so....

Reaction score
UPDATE....

Manual compression test showed that compression is still perfect, and the P0016 code is now showing as a "ghost code", but when pinpoint checked, it is not out of sync....

Fuel system test, with stethoscope, showed that the rail pressure is around 6,000 psi, and the injectors are firing, or, trying to fire.... Which is leading us to believe that the oil in the cylinders may have clogged the nozzles, and that is why she is getting no fuel.... so, I am prob getting 8 new injectors...

But, we shall see in the next day or so....

I didnt think it would be anything to cause gear/valve train to be at fault.. hmm. well keep us posted

CurtisF

Reaction score
i hope you got pictures of the line squished Corb.....that body shop needs to pay!

And aftermarket line that SHOULDN'T be there in the first place and blame the body shop for putting the BED back on and blowing an engine???

Seriously folks..... Bit ridiculous. How exactly is a body shop supposed to know about weird and subtle modifications? Exactly who out there would know that bolting a bed back on a truck would blow a motor? Anyone????

heavydoc

Reaction score
I had a friend bring me his obs gasser after he had it at the body shop in which they had pulled and installed the bed. Long story short truck would not run on the rear tank. tested pressures raised the bed and found the fuel lines ran ontop of one of the cross members and crushed. Told him what I saw and he told me then oh ya they replaced those lines for me also. :doh: He had been driving it around on the front tank for over a year.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
And aftermarket line that SHOULDN'T be there in the first place and blame the body shop for putting the BED back on and blowing an engine???

Seriously folks..... Bit ridiculous. How exactly is a body shop supposed to know about weird and subtle modifications? Exactly who out there would know that bolting a bed back on a truck would blow a motor? Anyone????
It is absolutely their problem. Their job it to make the truck like it was prior to the accident and if he had a line ran from the motor into the cab then out to the rear end axle and back to the motor then it is their job to make sure it is like that when he picks it up from them. If they crushed the line it is their fault plain and simple.

Last edited:

dsmracing1

Reaction score
It is absolutely their problem. Their job it to make the truck like it was prior to the accident and if he had a line ran from the motor into the cab then out to the rear end axle and back to the motor then it is their job to make sure it is like that when he picks it up from them. If they crushed the line it is their fault plain and simple.

Absolutely agree, I just have a bad feeling that the body shop would be very defensive in this situation....

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score

Bit ridiculous? And if it was a set of aftermarket lights? Bed stack? Air suspension feed line that was crimped? What about then? Would Corb still be on the hook because someone did not take the time to look?

Jesus Corb. You carry around bad luck in your pocket and throw it around all willy nilly? LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Bit ridiculous? And if it was a set of aftermarket lights? Bed stack? Air suspension feed line that was crimped? What about then? Would Corb still be on the hook because someone did not take the time to look?

Jesus Corb. You carry around bad luck in your pocket and throw it around all willy nilly? LOL

Body shops arent places for people who dont pay attention to detail or have basic mechanical aptitude. I would hope a good body man had done full restos in his formative years and know a good spring hanger from a rusted one while having a bed off.

I dont know of any other line of work where you can damage stuff unrelated to your work and say "well, ***k it, i wasnt working on your engine."

I guess if you arent the one footing the bill its easy to pass the buck. Its not early 00s anymore. People doing work need to be jacks of all trades when offering service.

A body man is required to take enough stuff apart to do routine repairs that ignorance is of no forgiveness.

CurtisF

Reaction score

A CCV hose isn't nearly as noticeable to the average body shop tech as a gigantic bed stack. :slap:

People that remove and install truck beds all day long don't expect something such as a CCV hose. Especially one that was installed in such a way that would move/shift with the removal of the bed. Because that's the ONLY way it would have been pinched when the bed was put back on the truck.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
A CCV hose isn't nearly as noticeable to the average body shop tech as a gigantic bed stack. :slap:

People that remove and install truck beds all day long don't expect something such as a CCV hose. Especially one that was installed in such a way that would move/shift with the removal of the bed. Because that's the ONLY way it would have been pinched when the bed was put back on the truck.

That's the ONLY way? Now, go back to shutting up.... That is a 1 inch heater core hose pipe, attached ALONG SIDE of the frame, that they cut my ties, and layed it over the frame, and replaced the bed, on top of it........ Thanks for all of your input though....

Attachments

• yay.pdf
    861.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score

It sure seems that way... LOL

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Better pics of how I had it, and how they left it...

Notice the way that I had it? Pretty much centered on the frame, out of the way, in a manner in which it could not be "mistakenly slid" in between the frame and bed.... I think that it was pretty obvious that this particular aftermarket mod, was NOT supposed to be routed in between the bed and frame rails... But I am not a body expert, like Curtis...

Attachments

• file_upload.pdf_null20161015215934.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 117
  • file_upload.pdf_null20161015220006.pdf
    75.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Better pics of how I had it, and how they left it...

Notice the way that I had it? Pretty much centered on the frame, out of the way, in a manner in which it could not be "mistakenly slid" in between the frame and bed.... I think that it was pretty obvious that this particular aftermarket mod, was NOT supposed to be routed in between the bed and frame rails... But I am not a body expert, like Curtis...

Making my life hard Corb, loading up pics with PDFs lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online