body shop hurt my engine.....

Jomax

Reaction score
Yeah, my computer yelled at me for trying to upload a JPEG.... Not sure if it was too big, or what... LOL

my bad.... Im not a computer expert either....

You're good my friend, just pulling your leg.

Sucks about your truck, I hope it gets fixed right!

And ignore Curtis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
You're good my friend, just pulling your leg.

Sucks about your truck, I hope it gets fixed right!

And ignore Curtis...

Ford has it, so, hope they have the ability... LOL But they have to go through my insurance, EVERY time they turn a wrench... so it is slooooow going....

And I have successfully ignored that idiot for quite some time. He likes to stay in the political arena, so I stay out of there. I just wish that he'd stay there, talking about things that he has no experience in...

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
UPDATE....

Manual compression test showed that compression is still perfect, and the P0016 code is now showing as a "ghost code", but when pinpoint checked, it is not out of sync....

Fuel system test, with stethoscope, showed that the rail pressure is around 6,000 psi, and the injectors are firing, or, trying to fire.... Which is leading us to believe that the oil in the cylinders may have clogged the nozzles, and that is why she is getting no fuel.... so, I am prob getting 8 new injectors...

But, we shall see in the next day or so....
No way that oil plugged the injectors imo. 6000+ psi would blow any blockage out instantly.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
No way that oil plugged the injectors imo. 6000+ psi would blow any blockage out instantly.

We were leaning more towards oil packed in the tips, and the temps possibly melting the tips, or coking inside the tips, etc... At this point, it prob has a family of gremlins living inside of every part of the engine, truck, and management system....

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
The really sucky part, out of all of the sucky parts about this whole deal, is that no one seems to give a **** about the $6,000 in payments that I made on this thing, nor the $530 of insurance that I've paid, nor the $2,500 that I spent on repairing the wrong thing (replacing the turbo when the turbo was not the problem, plus sensors, instal kit, etc) or the money that I didn't make on the hauling company (about $27,000) due to my rig being down... And everyone else involved, collision company, insurance company, Ford truck center, doesn't seem to give a fvck that I have a $70,000 yard ornament, and im stuck here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting on my truck, with no hope for a completion date.

I def understand that My emergency, does not mean Their emergency.... However, zero customer service, all around.

The collision company, took 68 days to give me back a non running truck, with half assed repairs... when they painted the duallie fenders, and slid them into place, I have 100 scratches all around each fender, on the bed side, about 1/2 inch long.... they gouged the tint on the rear passenger side, about 8 inches.... the bed is sitting crooked, by about 1 inch, causing the duallie fender to hit the N-Fab step bars on the drivers side... they left out 3 bolts that hold the fender skirt in place on the passenger front fender....

And it has been at Ford for 3 weeks, and last week, the only forward progress made, was a manual compression test.... 8 days to get that done... Thursday, they were going to test the injectors, Monday at noon, still haven't gotten that done, but "should to get to it this afternoon"....

I guess that due to their volume, as it is a military town, slam full of business, that they don't need to do anything expeditiously...

kinda pissy about that....

bluedge8

Reaction score
Wow, sorry for all the trouble, I hope you get it back asap. And can we use this thread just to ban Curtis already????? It's not like he is contributing to this site in a positive way, ever.

But I did get a kick out of the Know It All making Assumptions about how it couldn't be the body shops fault. LOL

Jomax

Reaction score
The really sucky part, out of all of the sucky parts about this whole deal, is that no one seems to give a **** about the $6,000 in payments that I made on this thing, nor the $530 of insurance that I've paid, nor the $2,500 that I spent on repairing the wrong thing (replacing the turbo when the turbo was not the problem, plus sensors, instal kit, etc) or the money that I didn't make on the hauling company (about $27,000) due to my rig being down... And everyone else involved, collision company, insurance company, Ford truck center, doesn't seem to give a fvck that I have a $70,000 yard ornament, and im stuck here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting on my truck, with no hope for a completion date.

I def understand that My emergency, does not mean Their emergency.... However, zero customer service, all around.

The collision company, took 68 days to give me back a non running truck, with half assed repairs... when they painted the duallie fenders, and slid them into place, I have 100 scratches all around each fender, on the bed side, about 1/2 inch long.... they gouged the tint on the rear passenger side, about 8 inches.... the bed is sitting crooked, by about 1 inch, causing the duallie fender to hit the N-Fab step bars on the drivers side... they left out 3 bolts that hold the fender skirt in place on the passenger front fender....

And it has been at Ford for 3 weeks, and last week, the only forward progress made, was a manual compression test.... 8 days to get that done... Thursday, they were going to test the injectors, Monday at noon, still haven't gotten that done, but "should to get to it this afternoon"....

I guess that due to their volume, as it is a military town, slam full of business, that they don't need to do anything expeditiously...

kinda pissy about that....

Sadly, no wont cares for customer service or quality work anymore.... that's a bummer Corb. Maybe now is a good time for an upgrade to a 2017?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Depending on your coverage shouldn't insurance be covering your losses? Or at least putting you in a replacement vehicle till repairs are complete on your truck?

ThePowerStroke

Reaction score
Depending on your coverage shouldn't insurance be covering your losses? Or at least putting you in a replacement vehicle till repairs are complete on your truck?

It completely depends on the insurance and most of the time borrowed vehicles are from dealerships

CurtisF

Reaction score
And I have successfully ignored that idiot for quite some time. He likes to stay in the political arena, so I stay out of there. I just wish that he'd stay there, talking about things that he has no experience in...

Wow, sorry for all the trouble, I hope you get it back asap. And can we use this thread just to ban Curtis already????? It's not like he is contributing to this site in a positive way, ever.

But I did get a kick out of the Know It All making Assumptions about how it couldn't be the body shops fault. LOL

Why? Because I'm right?

Removing the bed doesn't move the hose around, unless the hose wasn't properly secured in the first place. In which this is precisely what happened in this case. It's plain to see in the limited pictures provided.

Sorry, but it is what it is. He may have "zip tied" it in a few places around the middle of the frame, but where he didn't, the hose buckled when the bed was lifted off, because the hose was pushing that direction and the only thing holding it in place was the bed in the way. Move the bed, the hose goes where it wants to when it's not secured in that spot. Plus, the zip ties used were too small.

It's very simple. Anyone who has ever worked on vehicles even a little bit knows that things move when they aren't secured properly. When everyone is trying to throw the body shop under the bus, I'm just trying to point out common sense. If you want me banned for it, then fine I don't care.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
That's the ONLY way? Now, go back to shutting up.... That is a 1 inch heater core hose pipe, attached ALONG SIDE of the frame, that they cut my ties, and layed it over the frame, and replaced the bed, on top of it........ Thanks for all of your input though....

Why? Because I'm right?

Removing the bed doesn't move the hose around, unless the hose wasn't properly secured in the first place. In which this is precisely what happened in this case. It's plain to see in the limited pictures provided.

Sorry, but it is what it is. He may have "zip tied" it in a few places around the middle of the frame, but where he didn't, the hose buckled when the bed was lifted off, because the hose was pushing that direction and the only thing holding it in place was the bed in the way. Move the bed, the hose goes where it wants to when it's not secured in that spot. Plus, the zip ties used were too small.

It's very simple. Anyone who has ever worked on vehicles even a little bit knows that things move when they aren't secured properly. When everyone is trying to throw the body shop under the bus, I'm just trying to point out common sense. If you want me banned for it, then fine I don't care.
If you'd get your head outta your azz and read what he said to you last time you'd see its completely their fault! THEY CUT THE TIES AND LAYED IT ON THE FRAME! And then THEY sat the bed back on it without securing it back to the location it was when removed! Doesn't matter if it's some aftermarket mod or wrong size of ties (according to you). A good body shop should return the vehicle to the owner the way they received it with the proper repairs they were hired to do!

News flash! You don't know everything!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Why? Because I'm right?

It must be awfully lonely up there on that pedestal you've built for yourself...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Again, ive never had a job where you can ***k up something that wasnt part of your hired work and go "welp, it wasnt our scope of work".

Even if Curtis THINKS it was the incorrect size of ziptie or heck, wrong fastener, if they cut the zipties and tgen disagreed with a ziptie, a body shop can certainly find a more suitable method. No excuse.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Why would a body shop cut the zip ties that go only to the CCV reroute?

Was any of the factory wiring, looms, cables, hoses, etc moved? Of course not, otherwise that would have already been posted here.

Simple fact is that it wasn't properly secured in the first place. Or we haven't heard the entire story and there's something else going on that the OP isn't saying.

JRLott

Reaction score
Simple fact is that stating your opinion prefaced by the declaration that it is indeed a fact, does not actually make it so. The actual simple fact is that you are making assumptions. There may really be more to the story, but based on the fact that I've not seen Corb spouting lies and BS, I'll take it a face value. That coupled with the other crap the body shop did half assed leads me to firmly believe they would indeed insecure something from the frame that didn't need to be in the first place, not put it back, and ***k it up in the process. Even if it did buckle like you assume, they shouldn't have crushed it with the bed.

ckrueg

Reaction score
You sure are making quite a few assumptions about how the hose was routed and what happened when they took off the bed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I kinda agree with everyone on this. I am too at fault of using zipties when I should probably use P-Clamps. My ccv hose probably isn't routed the best either. His maybe could've been done differently. Oh well. But this is fault of the body shop in my opinion, no matter what I do at work (international dealership) if I am replacing something, I always look and make sure I'm not pinching wires, hoses, loom, air lines, ect. It's part of caring about your job and doing s**t right. I do s**t better at work then I do on my own $70,000 truck. Kinda stupid if you ask me, but that's how I was raised. Do the work right and right the first time. This could've easily been avoided if they had care and pride in their work/job. I hope you get it all worked out and back on the road ASAP Corb. And guys cut Curtis some slack. I see where he is coming from, but maybe could've came about it differently. Either way. Shaughty a$$ work from that shop. They should be ashamed.

Last edited:

pdumont01

Reaction score
Unfortunate situation for sure. Why was the ccv hose messed with at all, it runs up the side of the block and attatches to the breather and the air inlet tube no? What sense would messing with it on a work truck make, unless it was all tricked out? Just a question and I'm not trying to be a smartass maybe I missed it, but why reroute it to begin with on a stock truck? Having worked in the field for years I've had to deal with some crazy contraptions people devised, and always put them back the way they were even on warranty jobs. Body shop should have been a little more careful.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online