boost and back pressure ?

pooter

Reaction score
so I just got my truck back from getting a new short block from the ford dealer . I had the tech install rcd egr delete 6.0 manis dark horse up pipes Midwest diesel stage 2 ported intake and a rcd 72 mm atmo . My question is on the stock setting of the performance tune of my mini max the boost is 32psi and my backpressure is 72 psi and my big tune my boost is 45psi and my backpressure is 72psi. Does my back pressure seem to high? I also have a sb cai on the truck to and it still has the stock cold side pipe also

pooter

Reaction score
so my vgt actuator is moving freely any other ideas maybe a bad ebp sensor it also is showing 4 psi of back pressure at idle

sootie

Reaction score
72 psi is maxing out the stock sensor so it may in fact be more than that. not good for stock valvetrain components.

best thing to do would be to add a wastegate. mine is connected to the drivers side egr cooler port on the uppipe.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Ide clean the ebp sensor and tube.. Also, with a72, you need more air. Look at the AFE stage 2 from elite with the elite upgrade elbow. You'll be surprised!

sootie

Reaction score
go with No Limit cold air intake and cold side boost tube. pm bigrpowr on here. nothing touches that intake performance wise. it wont help the high backpressure but it will bring egts down and give better spoolup

sootie

Reaction score
would a 72 make my ebp that high even though im not running the bigger tunes?

i saw ebp that high with stock turbos on H&S canned tunes and the 72 would make it worse but only marginally (like 3-5psi)

either upgrade the valvetrain or gate it.

What tunes are you running?

sootie

Reaction score
what other ideas do you want? get custom tunes to optimize the mods you have (it may also help the issue) and gate it.

toss the s&b and go with a no limit for economy and power.

on edit: you dont have the dpf still on do you? LOL

pooter

Reaction score
no on the dpf I spoke to the tech today he used the ebp sensor that was on the 6.0 mani I changed it out with the 6.4 sensor and all is good now my ebp wont hardly get up to the 50psi range I don't know if the 6.0 sensor was bad or they are different but everything is fine now I will be getting no limits intake and cold side pipe soon also with custom tunes from gearhead