BPD's billet FICM

strokin6L

Reaction score
Just recieved my 4pin 6 phase FICM from Bullet Proof Diesel today....i got it in black. Haven't done anything with it yet other than take it out and inspect it. It comes set at 48v. I'm thinkin about clippin the wire and havin it put out 58v....what do some of you guys think? Is there many of guys on here running BPD's new billet FICM? If so, what voltage selection do you have it at? What have you noticed after installing it? I'm assuming by the voltage selection chart, that the wire that has VS1 under it is the 58v wire and the wire that has VSO under it is the 53v wire...correct? So if i want 58v...i just need to clip the VS1 wire?

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Yes just clip the one wire. There is a chart on the board showing what to clip. I would run it at 58volts. I think you will be very happy with it.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
If you have a power supply that puts out a good strong 48v, has anyone proved that 58v makes a difference?

Snake

Reaction score
Cut the VS0 wire for 58v. The chart on the circuit board says 58v - VS1 (wire installed) and VS0 (open). By open, they mean open circuit (no connectivity).

I went from a good 48v FICM to the BPD 58v FICM and noticed easier starts, smoother idle (especially right after a start up), and improved throttle response and power in the mid-range (as determined by my calibrated SOTP meter).

strokin6L

Reaction score
The people that know me....know that i'm just as much into making things look good as i'm into making some power. I thought the BPD FICM looked kinda boring being just black. So i had an idea...and not sure if anyone else ever did this to one of the BPD FICM's yet. But i decided to make it look like the mag hy-tech tranny pans and diff covers. I ended up taking a cookie wheel and skuffed the tops of the fins. Here's a few pics of what it looks like. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 0201131907.jpg
    0201131907.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 0201131908.jpg
    0201131908.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 0201131908a.jpg
    0201131908a.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 116

harrisford

Reaction score
There are dyno comparison sheets kicking around somewhere, I think KEM did them? If I'm not mistaken, the 58v just moved the power to lower rpms. That would just show me that the choice should be made on preference and application

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yeah Morgan, the 58v FICM has shown performance results just like the tuned FICM's have. The 58v FICM has shown to increase power, throttle response and fuel milage just like a tuned FICM would. However if a guy already has a tuned FICM(such as myself) and then installs a 58v FICM...i'm not so sure if there'll be much more if any increase in performance or MPG's...other than just better starting in cold.

MorganY

Reaction score
Ah! News to me, just thought it was some hype for better starting. How does the extra voltage affect the spool valves in the long run? Anyone have a 58v for more than 10-20k miles with good results?

slc dzl

Reaction score
Ah! News to me, just thought it was some hype for better starting. How does the extra voltage affect the spool valves in the long run? Anyone have a 58v for more than 10-20k miles with good results?

Not sure about the spools valves because ive changed injectors but I have had a 58v from innovative for about 20k miles and it seems to be holding up.
But one thing it does do is on cold starts, it starts easier and smoother if that
that makes sense.

teabagger2006

Reaction score
just had the bpd rep give a class here at xdp about their products, said the 6 phase ficm they make is made to be reliable at either voltage(covered by warranty too). so i say do what ever gets you more power.

Latest posts

Members online