Brake dust??

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anyone had any luck with different brake pads when it comes to brake dust? My fronts are horrible. I was curious as to hat they offered for our trucks that may help with that. I've used the thermo-quiets from O-Reilly's and Adaptive One from Napa with great results but have yet to look and see if they have those available for our trucks. I searched but didn't come up with much info, Unless I just over looked it.

Charles

Jomax

Reaction score
How long did your pads last?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I've only got 11,000 miles on the truck right now so they are still good and they stop the truck great, I'm just sick of the amount of brake dust I'm getting from them.

Charles

Jomax

Reaction score
Ah.. I like mine, they work really well towing heavy. Sadly with good pads. You get brake dust.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
rotate tires more often and clean rims at the same time... wont be an issue anymore

live life full throttle
I clean the face of my rims on average 4 times a week and the backsides of the wheels once a week, So believe me that's not the case.

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Ah.. I like mine, they work really well towing heavy. Sadly with good pads. You get brake dust.

Yea the brakes work great. That's the 1 thing I liked and didn't like about the Hawk Pads on my mustangs. They stopped great but the dusting was bad. I don't tow very often and if I do it's nothing but a couple 4 wheelers on a 16ft flatbed so I can spare a little stopping power for less dust lol!

Charles

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I clean the face of my rims on average 4 times a week and the backsides of the wheels once a week, So believe me that's not the case.

Charles
thats insane! i have 55k miles on mine, and have zero brake dust issues.. all stock from the factory brakes still...

live life full throttle

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Last edited:

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Well I usually wouldn't, But the Brake dust on the Fuel Couplers is very visible in the black windows lol. As long as the weather isn't bad I get away with a quick detail or quick wax wipe down twice a week. Usually after I've done a full fledged clay, wax , and seal I'm golden for a couple of months as long as I keep up with it. I like the Lucas quick wax as well. I use that after a full fledged detail and it keeps everything nice and slick with an awesome smell! I even use the Lucas on the wheels!

Charles

WHY NOT

Reaction score
My stock pads on my 11 dusted something terrible on the fronts. I switched to EBC green stuff for trucks and sun's and there is still dust but not as bad. The truck does stop better too. I changed mine out at 80K is what I think I got out of my stock pads

Reaction score
My 11 dusted badly also, I had to change the breaks at like 60 something thousand miles. Went with hawk pads and had less dust but they were noisy. Next time I think I will try Wagner thermo quiets.

Jomax

Reaction score
I thought these trucks go 100k+ on pads?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I thought these trucks go 100k+ on pads?

I got 100K on my factory 08 pads and its a F-350 DRW I tow a bunch also still no brake issues stops the truck like new and no brake dust issues.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if there isn't a difference in brake size, maybe ask for pads off a 2012.. ods are they are now the same material but its worth a shot.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online