Brake line blew behind the tank...

Godofdew11

Reaction score
I now this is a common thing what have yall been doing to fix this? Who has kits? Im pretty sure im gonna try and get a 10' or so straight piece and go from union to union. put in the couple nessesary bends.

Thanks for looking,

Don

dustinz85

Reaction score
I now this is a common thing what have yall been doing to fix this? Who has kits? Im pretty sure im gonna try and get a 10' or so straight piece and go from union to union. put in the couple nessesary bends.

Thanks for looking,

Don

Mine did the same thing, but I live in the salt belt of central pa... that's exactly what I did thou, used flared ends to a union. I wouldn't use a compression union, I'm not a fan of those things.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

hwrdbd

Reaction score
Ya def just get a piece long enough to stretch from your two closest unions, including all bends and whatnot. Hopefully you'll get lucky and not have to cut a piece. If you do, make sure you slide the fittings on before you flare it... ask me how I know... just zip tie your new line up alongside the old one best you can.

Godofdew11

Reaction score
Thanks guys i flew home from Angola africa at 7 yesterday morning to get home to the GF telling me she had driven home from her moms with no brakes.. when my brother and father were a phone call away. going out to inspect the rest of the lines and see whether i should just man up and get a stainless kit and do the whole truck, or just replace this line for now. I am lucky and a good freind works at a shop and has the tool for doing double flare fittings so cutting it is not the worst ever.
Thanks for the relpies!

ryanss22

Reaction score
If u have a friend with a flare tool. Spend the money on a 25' roll of the nickel line and be done forever. Thats what I did on my rebuild. Borrowed a buddys hyd flare tool and bam done.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Mine did it back in January, while I was plowing ~15" (+/-) of snow. I pinched off the line with some vice grips, and drove it for a week (gently) until I could get a new SS brake line installed. I figure it lasted 11-12 years in New England through salt... I'll just replace it and not worry about it. Chances are I won't still have it in 12 years.

Gary

Reaction score
There is a company in Michigan that sells stainless line kits, I have done a few trucks with there kits and was very happy with them. I have also used that nickle-copper tubing to make lines, it is easy to work with, the stainless sucks to work with.

http://www.inlinetube.com/

Latest posts

Members online