broken billet input shafts

black6.4

Reaction score
I've broken every hard part and have replaced everything with billet. Wheel hop kills and I have broken one by downshifting once. Sh1t breaks when you make power lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I guess thats a good way to look at it! Hopefully ill know whats broke later today

Super08Duty

Reaction score
This have anything to do with having a big single in power rolling in later in rpm do you think?

Possibly. But on the same note, singles have a pretty drastic power curve. So when it spools,
It's very snappy. I know mike and Craig have broken pallets of trannies with singles lol. I also don't go full throttle down rough roads so that I don't snap shafts.

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya I hear ya. They also launch the dog piss out of them as well.

black6.4

Reaction score
Tcs shaft in middle the other two are stock the tcs twisted way more than stock before breaking

Attachments

• 0916131410.jpg
    0916131410.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119

black6.4

Reaction score
Converter has to be opened to be checked out and have the remainder of the broken shaft removed.
AGAIN!

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I have broken 2 input shafts and 1 intermatiate shaft in my elite trans. Matt's tunning has seen to help out a lot in my 450 but I can't even remeber the last time I put it to the floor from a dead stop. Right now my stock input shaft has been holding up the best LOL Just scared to invest 650 bucks and go out and snap it! I want to see more people running it first ans see how it does.

black6.4

Reaction score
Well my Converter guy just called and said there is no clutches left, there are discs bent and other peices crushed and of coarse the broken billet shaft....now he told me that this is happening because the converter is seing too high of pressure and that it cannot regulate pressure so long story short hes saying that the problem most likely lies in my trans tuning! But my stock trans never did this? Does anyone have any answers to this problem?

BOSS450

Reaction score
Who's tuning? I went through a few shafts and torque converters on KEM tuning. Hear head now and everything is fine.

BOSS450

Reaction score
Looks like there is your problem. I'm sure the old one would slip a little instead of lock instantly. Give gear head a call

black6.4

Reaction score
So any more votes to the tuning? And i wouldnt mind trying someone elses tunes but i have i think the first dashdaq that came out for a tuner so it would be spendy getting another one unless someone wants to deal

black6.4

Reaction score
Ya something has to be done.im hoping some of the tuner fellows will chime in here...what about the extreme x tune that just made impressive numbers on black350's truck? Im running pretty close to the same setup plus a 59 vgt

3brorce

Reaction score
Tuning cant be blamed. You were were stock tcm tuning with a built trans.

3brorce

Reaction score
I am saying its the owner of the truck running a stock trans tune in a built trans's fault for not changing tunes. If you were running a built trans file then clearly it couid be tune related. I had taken it as running stock trans tunes with a built trans was the problem.

Latest posts

Members online