broken billet input shafts

black6.4

Reaction score
Well it sounds like it needs to be less aggresive...im lost on what to do at this point the trans runs and shifts great but theres something that needs a change and at this point i am unsure what to do

madman1234509

Reaction score
Like stated..... talk to a custom tuner. You have a trans with work done to it, it needs different (LESS AGGRESSIVE) line pressures then a stock trans, which means custom tuning. Spartan tuning is pretty limited in terms of custom tuning. I used to have a Spartan, and back in the day they used to be the talk of the town. But they have really limited them selves now that there are more builds, with more people needing custom tuning... And lets face it, their trans tuning has always been kind of harsh to begin with. Its too bad that they didn't get their tuning with other vendors figured out because I'm sure there are a ton of people that would love to be able to utilize the DashDaq for the monitoring and logging capabilities.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
It sounds like to me that the tuning, being for a stock transmission, is the issue. You needed a 345 file that was for the upgraded transmission parts. Basically less line pressure and less aggressive converter lock-up. With my built 5R, I ran a 275 file daily that had an early lock 210 transmission file. It shifted smooth with normal driving and would firm up some when I got on the skinny pedal hard. If I attempted to run our stock transmission files with the SunCoast, it would have been brutal.

3brorce

Reaction score
That word try needs to be changed to a buy. You just cant try out custom files as they are written specifically to your truck. Not sure why you think a stock trans tune is for a built trans. I am confused. Just because it locks early does not mean that the tune is a built trans file.

black6.4

Reaction score
I realize i cant test drive a tune thats not what i meant...and i am not confused i understand what you mean....ill check into tune options....thanks guys

black6.4

Reaction score
What inside my trans regultes pres to the converter? Im guessing that is my issue i dont think its the tuning or the converters fault....something is plugged or sticking im guessing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.