BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

Black AOD

Reaction score
I only did 15% to see if it really makes in impact or not on this turbo wont know till its tuned. Eventually the truck will see bigger injectors and a 2nd turbo when it turns into a play truck and not a daily truck. Will be coming soon

Fixed :naughty:

jcain

Reaction score
Triple turbos are ***ing pointless on a daily driver built to stomp ass on the local trucks and still pull a trailer through city traffic. Fully built motor and trans is pretty basic... everyone is doing it these days. Kinda like stud jobs on a 6.0 LOL

Actually, triples is the ultimate street/track/towing setup.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Its a small single it'll tow just fine, be fun on the street, and will haul my cooler to the track... if you guys want to see a triple turbo kit you're more than welcome to start the process of making one. I'll wait for you guys to run one on your trucks before I buy anything.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Actually, triples is the ultimate street/track/towing setup.

Proved by who? Who has a triple turbo 6.7 that sees tons of abuse and makes huge power?

Maybe on paper triples are the best ever but I don't see any dd work trucks with triples running 10's on the weekend.

I think the misnomer is thinking more is better, when in reality it's just more headaches. I think Pete's setup is what's going to be a badass all around setup hopefully with very few headaches

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Proved by who? Who has a triple turbo 6.7 that sees tons of abuse and makes huge power?

Maybe on paper triples are the best ever but I don't see any dd work trucks with triples running 10's on the weekend.

I think the misnomer is thinking more is better, when in reality it's just more headaches. I think Pete's setup is what's going to be a badass all around setup hopefully with very few headaches

I think Pete's is going to be a blast.

I led him in the direction I went myself. Only difference is I have bigger fuel and an 8285 Precision Blowing into the 64. Essentially testing the waters for the second stage of Petes Build!

50_shooter

Reaction score
Are you gonna dyno it once broke in? I tried to mine, but the dyno was screwed up. Made 430, and did an identical pull and it made 545.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Are you gonna dyno it once broke in? I tried to mine, but the dyno was screwed up. Made 430, and did an identical pull and it made 545.

I'd like to see what it does on a Dyno but thats up to Jared and the guys if they strap it down. I'm not going to go out of my way to go to a dyno around here unless I have more free time or theres a dyno event.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
You do realize, that most of the parts for this truck and mine are first off the line stuff?

You know the first 6.7s in the country to get a set of ARP Main studs? Mine, Josh's, Ross, & Pete's. All motors built here in house, around the same time.

First sets of ARP head studs? Yep, you got it.

It is a pioneer of some sort on the things we did to it.

I dont mean to come off as an asshole, but I dont think you comprehend the complexity of what it takes to address all the little issues with these things we see as being potential. We also had a few snags that held us back, its a lot easier to say its not complex from the sidelines without have to jump through all the hoops we have to make everyone else's build look like a piece of cake.
If you are waiting on hard parts like that then yeah, there is no way around it!!!

I just thought it was nuts how long it took to do a built motor and trans and turbo on a engine thats been out for a few years. We had a customer with a 6.7 back on the road in less than a month with a built motor and he had less than a week downtime on a turbo kit when his blew. This is obviously a totally different scenario though.

Black AOD

Reaction score
If you are waiting on hard parts like that then yeah, there is no way around it!!!

I just thought it was nuts how long it took to do a built motor and trans and turbo on a engine thats been out for a few years. We had a customer with a 6.7 back on the road in less than a month with a built motor and he had less than a week downtime on a turbo kit when his blew. This is obviously a totally different scenario though.

Yeah Pete waited I think 6 months alone (At least) on his elite trans. He switched his turbo setup too. Added main studs, couple other things too. So it all just added up

Latest posts

Members online