BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Let me know how that works out for you.
Well then...I bet you're fun at parties
What kind of power are you looking for?
I'm just going for strong daily driver with enough ass to be fun. So whatever it makes will be fine. I guess like 650? obviously I want as much power as the air and fuel will give me because I don't have to worry about rods. Guess we'll find out

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Tadd will be working with us on Petes truck for tuning. He's been a big influence on the build since day one, and after seeing his wife's truck performance in Denver even pulling his race trailer, I have no doubt that we made the right decision.

Reaction score
Tadd will be working with us on Petes truck for tuning. He's been a big influence on the build since day one, and after seeing his wife's truck performance in Denver even pulling his race trailer, I have no doubt that we made the right decision.

Are you going to be around the shop tomorrow morning man? Id like to swing by and check this beast out!!

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Awesome to hear that this thing is finally running! No offense to anyone but 1 month shy of a year is absurdly long to wait on a build this basic...... Hopefully it holds up great and runs well.
Edit: Not bashing the build in any way as it is beast but its not like it has triple turbos and cp3s and is the first 6.7 motor ever being built...

Last edited:

50_shooter

Reaction score

Yeah, a little. Somewhat serious too. If he ever does get tunes from tadd, I'm curious as to how they work. I'm still waiting for him to send me some.

Pete, didn't mean anything bad. You are gonna love this mf'er. I love mine when it runs right. I'm sure Jared will have it dialed in.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Awesome to hear that this thing is finally running! No offense to anyone but 1 month shy of a year is absurdly long to wait on a build this basic...... Hopefully it holds up great and runs well.
Edit: Not bashing the build in any way as it is beast but its not like it has triple turbos and cp3s and is the first 6.7 motor ever being built...
Triple turbos are ***ing pointless on a daily driver built to stomp ass on the local trucks and still pull a trailer through city traffic. Fully built motor and trans is pretty basic... everyone is doing it these days. Kinda like stud jobs on a 6.0 LOL

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Triple turbos are ***ing pointless on a daily driver built to stomp ass on the local trucks and still pull a trailer through city traffic. Fully built motor and trans is pretty basic... everyone is doing it these days. Kinda like stud jobs on a 6.0 LOL

I was talking about the amount of down time vs the complexity of the build..... What you built is exactly what i would want for a DD/work truck! :thumbsup:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

You do realize, that most of the parts for this truck and mine are first off the line stuff?

You know the first 6.7s in the country to get a set of ARP Main studs? Mine, Josh's, Ross, & Pete's. All motors built here in house, around the same time.

First sets of ARP head studs? Yep, you got it.

It is a pioneer of some sort on the things we did to it.

I dont mean to come off as an asshole, but I dont think you comprehend the complexity of what it takes to address all the little issues with these things we see as being potential. We also had a few snags that held us back, its a lot easier to say its not complex from the sidelines without have to jump through all the hoops we have to make everyone else's build look like a piece of cake.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I was talking about the amount of down time vs the complexity of the build..... What you built is exactly what i would want for a DD/work truck! :thumbsup:
Rather have it done right the 1st time and if that takes extra time so be it. Im not a pushy guy and know RCD will do it right... I've seen too many builds slapped together just to pull the motor multiple times chasing issues. It's definitely not a "game changer" setup but I'm not shooting for a magazine feature. It's not going to be a trailer queen pavement pounder... I actually use those Toyo MTs :thumbsup:

50_shooter

Reaction score

I don't know if I would call it basic. I think it has just about everything done to hold BIG power.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Rather have it done right the 1st time and if that takes extra time so be it. Im not a pushy guy and know RCD will do it right... I've seen too many builds slapped together just to pull the motor multiple times chasing issues. It's definitely not a "game changer" setup but I'm not shooting for a magazine feature. It's not going to be a trailer queen pavement pounder... I actually use those Toyo MTs :thumbsup:

All lies. It will sit in a garage and never ever do a burnout. LOL

Jk Pete, anxious to see this thing in a person here in a few weeks. :ford:

I don't know if I would call it basic. I think it has just about everything done to hold BIG power.

Oh it definitely has all the parts to potentially make 1000+ hp for sure with bigger turbos

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I think you will find the rears wear out really fast!

You did injectors too right? Is that for future upgrades, or do you think they are gonna give you more power with this turbo?
I only did 15% to see if it really makes in impact or not on this turbo wont know till its tuned. Eventually the truck might see bigger injectors and a 2nd turbo if it turns into a play truck and not a daily truck. Might not be for awhile

Latest posts

Members online