BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Skip the 60's and go with 100's. It's always better to have too much then too little right?

getstroked27

Reaction score
With that small turbine, I would Imagine a set of 30's or mayyybbee 45's would suit it much better. But I would say, with little experience with that turbo, you should be able to see 800 or so *and maintain long term reliability*. Anything more that that, the little baby turbine will be churning speeds beyond it's capability i'd imagine. Just my thoughts. If you have a set of 60's used or something lined up, go for it and just detune it aggressively. If not, just run something in between and call it good.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
With that small turbine, I would Imagine a set of 30's or mayyybbee 45's would suit it much better. But I would say, with little experience with that turbo, you should be able to see 800 or so *and maintain long term reliability*. Anything more that that, the little baby turbine will be churning speeds beyond it's capability i'd imagine. Just my thoughts. If you have a set of 60's used or something lined up, go for it and just detune it aggressively. If not, just run something in between and call it good.
Yeah I'm not trying to set any records. I'd be happy if it made 800 on fuel.

getstroked27

Reaction score
if you are dead set on 60's then you should be fine just having the PW pulled back to keep the turbo happy at WOT, but if not, 30's or 45's would suit it better and you can have the PW higher. Just 2 different ways to accomplish the same thing.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I just get that every single time... everyone tells me I need Hunnids lol. Nothing against you.

You don't need them, there's just no advantage to going with 60's so why limit yourself when you've already gone through the cost of having to go to a bigger injector once already?

There actually are advantages to running a bigger injector at a lower pw.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
You have the waste gate option don't you?
Yes. Precision waste gate plumbed back into the down pipe.

You don't need them, there's just no advantage to going with 60's so why limit yourself when you've already gone through the cost of having to go to a bigger injector once already?

There actually are advantages to running a bigger injector at a lower pw.

What's the major advantage of 100s? Less pulse so fuel stays in the bowl for a better burn?
It's your world bro I'm just livin in it.
???

Black AOD

Reaction score
I'm with Cody on this one. I don't see a disadvantage to go to 100% overs although he is correct in saying you don't "need them".

Even the SPE rail car with that S468/S596 giant compound kit or whatever size it is isn't fully cleaning up 100% overs. It has spray too. They are close but not quite there.

So that tells you what 100%s are capable of.

But the ability to run a lower PW with the large nozzle would be nice. It will be smokier. That's inevitable. But you already know that.

But I know you pretty well and honestly I can say that that truck will get a large atmo charger in a compound kit someday whether it be an 81, 86, or maybe a big pro mod 88 or 91 or 94 (I vote Pro Mod 91 or 94 cuz f*ck it lol). It would be nice to already have the 100% overs for when you get there.

Dan Seitlers truck made what, 850ish with 60% overs, dual pumps and an S369 SX-E?

Your PT 6870 is more similar airflow wise to an S468 (I think) so with a similar fueling setup I think you should be deep into the 800s.

You could always talk to Tadd about upgrading to the 7175 as well. The bigger charger and turbine I think would go well with 60% overs. Although I'm not sure what needs to change exactly.

A single 71 and bigger nozzles...ohhh la la

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
Actually, it might not be smokier. The extra push down low can help light it quicker and then just limit ipw up top. The same amount of fuel will be in the chamber for a longer elapsed time. Better burn.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Black Aod you are correct dan made low to mid 800s on 60s and a sxe 369/74/.91 with the exhaust side becoming a restriction. He could be making more but doesnt wanna jump to a 1.0 housing because of it being a tad laggier. I know his engine is close to yours at far as air flow improvements goes and he still has a good bit more pw to go before his 60s are maxxed out. I think the advantage of 60s would be tunability and being able to dial it in more getting cleaner running truck.

jcain

Reaction score
The only tuning issue, if any, would be idle. The scalability is still well within reason.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Actually, it might not be smokier. The extra push down low can help light it quicker and then just limit ipw up top. The same amount of fuel will be in the chamber for a longer elapsed time. Better burn.

Jon,

That's true. Being that Pete's charger is Non VGT though I'm thinking it will be smokier though. Not sure. Good tuning can really clean it up, that's been proven no doubt.

Latest posts

Members online