Build thread, Triple Turbo 6.7L Race truck build

powerstroked08

Reaction score
So I'm gonna say it will get h13's from now on? Sorry for the sh!t luck man. I hope its nothing major, but it doesn't sound too promising with that kind of sound coming out of her.

madman1234509

Reaction score
What did it sound like? That was insane pressure to rip that tank open.. LOL

It may not necessarily be insane pressure, but constant expanding and contracting from pressure. Same thing that happened to my intake manifold, when it sees pressure it balloons and then contracts. Do this a few hundred times and it weakens the weld, causes it to rupture. It makes me wonder how long you were getting pressure in the coolant system. Obviously your welds are of good quality, so it wouldn't just rupture from 1.5 times of seeing some pressure in the coolant system.

swinky

Reaction score
They can build a lot of pressure. The cap can't even begin to bleed off fast enough with a badly blow gasket. I'd see 30+ psi In my little 600 ish hp 6.0.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
It may not necessarily be insane pressure, but constant expanding and contracting from pressure. Same thing that happened to my intake manifold, when it sees pressure it balloons and then contracts. Do this a few hundred times and it weakens the weld, causes it to rupture. It makes me wonder how long you were getting pressure in the coolant system. Obviously your welds are of good quality, so it wouldn't just rupture from 1.5 times of seeing some pressure in the coolant system.
Yea pretty much had nothing to do with expanding and contracting a few times it all boils down to the studs being to weak and watching you boost gauge go from 100 psi to 63 psi and a loud boom and white smoke and antifreeze all across the engine

swinky

Reaction score
Yea pretty much had nothing to do with expanding and contracting a few times it all boils down to the studs being to weak and watching you boost gauge go from 100 psi to 63 psi and a loud boom and white smoke and antifreeze all across the engine
Sorry if it's a stupid question but losing that much boost because of head gaskets?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

Something was expanding and contracting over time otherwise you would have blown it on the first track pass.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Only reason I mentioned that is they just looked like pretty good welds. Crazy to think one pressure spike of 40ish psi made it blow like that. But, hopefully you get it squared away quickly and get it back out there... we are all hoping for a 9 second fuel only pass for Ford before the end of the year!!

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Well we are officially done for the season as one cylinders is a 1/2 shorter than the rest
Piston is fine but has some serious score marks hoping is a bent wrist pin and not a rod

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well we are officially done for the season as one cylinders is a 1/2 shorter than the rest
Piston is fine but has some serious score marks hoping is a bent wrist pin and not a rod

prolly a pin . would take a ton of coolant to bend the rod.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online