Build - Ultimate Daily Driver

Diesel23

Reaction score
Awesome build , as stated already way jealous, just here drooling !!! Great job

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Great looking build so far. I can't wait to get my hands on the R&R Rods. They are 6 weeks out on the 6.7 Powerstrokes from what they told me today :(.

That's because Mike can't afford to stock them. Why don't you give me a call? I have 8 sets on the shelf brotha..

309-822-0600 ext 1001.. If I dont pick up leave me a voicemail

Joseph_the_builder

Reaction score
That's because Mike can't afford to stock them. Why don't you give me a call? I have 8 sets on the shelf brotha..

309-822-0600 ext 1001.. If I dont pick up leave me a voicemail

Thank you for the offer Jared. I would love to do that but Tim already took the cash out of my account for the rods. Now I just have to ship the truck to Texas for the build.

Jared, how much of a difference in weight from the factory rods to the R&R rods? Debating between balancing it or just swapping rods from the pan with new bearings. I will be running compounds and a air to air intercooler. I'm just worried if I replace the rods, what's the next weakest link? Piston skirts or ???

Thank you and great build.

webb06

Reaction score
I look for the piston itself to get weak under stress and eventually crack. I still wonder how much the bottom will hold since they cannot be as strong as the bed plate motors. I plan on finding out.

I've wondered that as well. Seems like they would have stuck with a bed plate.

Buck1

Reaction score
Have not looked at the bottom of a 6.7 yet, can it accept a girdle of any sort?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Jared,
You may want to look into ARP bolts or studs for the injector hold downs.
I had a stock bolt fail today and it required removal of the valve cover to access the broken stub.
The stub threaded out with my fingers easily.
But it took a little while to get the valve cover off.
If I am able to find a suitable part number I will post it here.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I definetly agree there, I would much rather have a bedplate than 6 bolt mains, some will come out with a girdle.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
A couple things have changed in the last few days. The truck will get getting a keyed crankshaft, and a stage 1 elite camshaft with the modification done to it as well. Also will be installing heavy duty valvesprings, and doing valve recessions and ceramic coating on the pistons.

This weather here has me backed up on getting the truck in here, so it's currently sitting outside. Parts are massing up in the office. Cant wait to tear into this thing!

Jared

MorganY

Reaction score
A couple things have changed in the last few days. The truck will get getting a keyed crankshaft, and a stage 1 elite camshaft with the modification done to it as well. Also will be installing heavy duty valvesprings, and doing valve recessions and ceramic coating on the pistons.

This weather here has me backed up on getting the truck in here, so it's currently sitting outside. Parts are massing up in the office. Cant wait to tear into this thing!

Jared

Awesome. The key is very important.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

Jared

Welcome to the Elite 6.7 club buddy!

Latest posts

Members online