Build - Ultimate Daily Driver

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Lol I have seen the truck. Right now it looks pretty sad no motor on spare tires.

Sent from my I fone 5

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
uqa8yty7.jpg

My stash'o'parts in my office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dorm room looked like that a time or two

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Well,

A little update..

While waiting on a couple other parts, Tadd talked me into a bigger cam, so I have pistons getting slightly deeper valve reliefs cut right now.

Have a larger housing here for the Precision Charger.

Going to be letting Tadd build my transmission, going to pull it out of the chassis next week and ship it out.

Tentative date of August 20th now stands, I really want this back on the road. I miss this thing, if only the payments didn't apply when your truck was down.. for 13 months :lame:

Considering doing a set of 15% nozzles when our Extrude Hone Machine gets here if its on time.. We'll see how it goes

Jared

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
13 months.....Jesus

It sucks bro, thats one of the biggest disadvantages to us doing R&D on our vehicles, it means sacrificing your ride for the benefit of the company.

I cant thank Tadd enough for all of his help on this project. My machine shop is actually 4 weeks on out on all of my pistons so he pulled a quick favor to get me mine. Hopefully my long block will be assembled in the next 3 weeks and as soon as the trans is back, I have a few hours to install the custom resevoir mounts and the new shocks, mount the forces on the truck and start it. I cannot contain my excitement to have this thing back and see what kind of power it makes.

I also ported my heads 2 weeks ago while waiting.

It seems like the longer I wait, the more parts I throw at this thing.

It wont make huge power, but it should run EXTREMELY clean and be a blast on the street, something my dad can drive if he needs to and not worry about melting things down or being a smokey pig without serious driving habit adjustment

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
It sucks bro, thats one of the biggest disadvantages to us doing R&D on our vehicles, it means sacrificing your ride for the benefit of the company.

I cant thank Tadd enough for all of his help on this project. My machine shop is actually 4 weeks on out on all of my pistons so he pulled a quick favor to get me mine. Hopefully my long block will be assembled in the next 3 weeks and as soon as the trans is back, I have a few hours to install the custom resevoir mounts and the new shocks, mount the forces on the truck and start it. I cannot contain my excitement to have this thing back and see what kind of power it makes.

I also ported my heads 2 weeks ago while waiting.

It seems like the longer I wait, the more parts I throw at this thing.

It wont make huge power, but it should run EXTREMELY clean and be a blast on the street, something my dad can drive if he needs to and not worry about melting things down or being a smokey pig without serious driving habit adjustment

I forgot what your turbo situation is... but either way I think it will make a lot of power! From my experience and others, built 6.7s love to make good power :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

morepower02

Reaction score
Tentative date of August 20th now stands, I really want this back on the road. I miss this thing, if only the payments didn't apply when your truck was down.. for 13 months :lame:

Considering doing a set of 15% nozzles when our Extrude Hone Machine gets here if its on time.. We'll see how it goes

Jared

Ouch. Spending this kind of money while the bank holds the title is hard core.

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ouch. Spending this kind of money while the bank holds the title. Good luck with your marketing tool.

Well.. Not that it's any of your concern, but I leave a couple loans out to keep my credit score high. I made the mistake of paying cash for everything for a couple years and it royally killed my credit. I'm not scraping pennies to make a payment, it's just making a statement about the principle of writing a payment for something you've not driven in a year.

That being said, my R&D led to the first aftermarket wristpins, our pushrods, piston cutting profiles , the first TRUE ARP Headstuds, cylinder head porting program and many other things that many other companies use in their engine builds as standard issue.

It wasn't really done as a marketing tool, I wanted to do something different with this truck than the rest. And I look forward to seeing other people do different things with their builds down the road based off the data I collect with my testing for RCD & Elite.

Jared

bricewise

Reaction score
Ouch. Spending this kind of money while the bank holds the title is hard core.

Old school thinking right there. With interest rates and auto loans below 3 percent it's dumb to pay cash on anything. Especially as a business owner when you can deduct the interest you pay directly against your ordinary income

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Old school thinking right there. With interest rates and auto loans below 3 percent it's dumb to pay cash on anything. Especially as a business owner when you can deduct the interest you pay directly against your ordinary income

If only I was the owner! I'm just the main salesman. Nothing special

morepower02

Reaction score
Was not going for a personal conflict just sounded odd that one would comment on making payments on a truck like this. That's all.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Lol. Making payments on a 60k truck for credit when leaving $5.50 on a credit card does the exact same thing.

Sorry. I see the thread turned into a personal credit and payment story. There are smarts to financing a truck and investing the money.

Crack85

Reaction score
Didn't know this thread was about how to spend your money. Who cares if he's making payments on it and building it. Didn't realize the ones bitching were his financial counselors or his wife lol.....

Latest posts

Members online