Building a superduty bumper (pics)

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Are you using 1/4" for the main body and then something lighter like 3mil plate for the outsides and then just gusseting the outer parts to sturdy it?? Looks good man im considering doing this while my truck is down since the steel would be at a really good price for me. Also what size fog light were you thinking about putting in there?

I am using 1/4in plate for everything I plan to gussest with that's also but i don't think it is nessesary. I'm not sure on the lights I used 5in pipe for on hole and 4in for the other. Do u have any suggestions what will fit?

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
I was thinking along the lines of something hid compatible maybe even just a simple two pair of factory fog lamps? Ill do some research on it I think mine maybe either a 3 and 3 or 3 and 4 at the most.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Almost done with the Fab work couple more pieces missing.
IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Sandblast or spend alot of time with an orbital sander. I think the orbital will show alot more of your spots were you didn't quite get it knocked down to a smooth finish. Once you paint it they will all show up clear as day.

I did some research last night at work and they do have 4 and 5 inch lights that will fit in there you may have to modify the brackets to mount them. They are internal ballast HID's but they seem to only come in 6000k. I was thinking running the 4 inch as a flood and the 5 inch as a spot for long distances. Fleabay items but I imagine they will work.

Just out of curiosity how much would you guess that yours weighs?

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Sandblast or spend alot of time with an orbital sander. I think the orbital will show alot more of your spots were you didn't quite get it knocked down to a smooth finish. Once you paint it they will all show up clear as day.

I did some research last night at work and they do have 4 and 5 inch lights that will fit in there you may have to modify the brackets to mount them. They are internal ballast HID's but they seem to only come in 6000k. I was thinking running the 4 inch as a flood and the 5 inch as a spot for long distances. Fleabay items but I imagine they will work.

Just out of curiosity how much would you guess that yours weighs?

Perfect I wana buy cheap lights for me I just can justify spending alot on them. Could you send me a link to the lights by any chance? I started using a belt sander for the lines and surprising it works very well and it is perfectly flat. If i did my math correctly it will be around 300 lbs