Built 5R110 Issue

madman1234509

Reaction score
Keep me posted. My converter has been slipping since day 1 that it was installed. It slips at 250-300rpm on the 310 tune, my stock slipped at 30... Waiting for my truck to get done to see if the built transmission parts helped, but I really have no idea why a new converter made it worse. I may just buy a pump and tcc selenoid if you guys thing itll solve the problem.

Frank_C

Reaction score
I'm not going to mention any names, because that usually ends up in rumors that can bring down a potentially good shop's reputation. And these guys have definitely been working hard to figure my problem out.

But yeah, before I had everything done, the stock converter held up like a champ, except when I would datalog trans info with my SCT. Now I can give it maybe 1/4 throttle on my race tune before it starts slipping and unlocks. After I burnt up the directs, I did limp it probably ~250 miles to the shop. Averaged like 40mph the whole way in 4th gear lol.

Pretty frustrating, but I guess it comes with the sport.

HD F250

Reaction score
Good luck getting this figured out. At 8k, I sure hope they r working there a$$ off and not charging u every time u go back for more diagnoses.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Good luck getting this figured out. At 8k, I sure hope they r working there a$$ off and not charging u every time u go back for more diagnoses.

For $8k they better be giving you a reacharound everytime you go there. LOL

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Little update:
The shop has been working on it and trying to figure it out for me. They said that the main pressure when cruising with the converter locked is ~250psi, and drops to ~200psi when they get into the throttle and the converter starts to slip/unlock. Does that sound about right, and does it rule out the possibility of a bad pump? Any other ideas of what it could be? They also swapped out the tcc solenoid and a few others, and nothing changed. And they did verify that the Ecu is sensing slip, and then unlocking he converter.

The TCC solenoid limits the converter to only 150 psi so as long as you have 150 the converter should be getting all it needs.

Royboy1

Reaction score
If it has been doing it from day one it is probably the lock up piston seal and should be warranty if it is a new torque. The way I test this on heavy equip is to power the lock up solenoid while idling in gear, it should immediately stall the engine if it is working properly, is there any way to calibrate the lockup clutch to 150 psi or even check?

Latest posts

Members online