Built Motor

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Like I said, dont see a turbo on that list. Is that a special formula of Brut deodorant? "brut 66, go ahead, put it on!"

LOL It is there. I think it is a NLTD turbo. It would be great for up to stage 2 injectors and even for detuned hybrids. But in no way a turbo of choice for 600+ HP..

I was messing with you TY. Just had to say it.

thuglike

Reaction score
The turbo will suport 600. Actually the more accurate statement is..the turbo has been supporting 600 for a handful of trucks now over the last 2 years. Including our race truck.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score

???

The turbo will suport 600. Actually the more accurate statement is..the turbo has been supporting 600 for a handful of trucks now over the last 2 years. Including our race truck.

Jason I am in no way saying it will not support 600+ HP.. Just saying it would not be THE turbo of choice for a 600+ HP Build. I love drop in turbos. They have there place. But I would not say it is the turbo of choice.

But I maybe wrong. Would not be the first time!! But I guess if you can do it and keep back pressure in check and boost in check then it should last. Might not last as long as a normal T4 setup But should last.

Jason I am not in any way shape or form say your products are no good. if you all put it out then it has to be good. thought I would clear that up.

V-Ref

Reaction score

Well I'll retract my critique of the combo above then...didn't know it was a site sponsored backed power formula for a 575hp DD....

Fuel only 600hp? Any backpressure logged? Whouda thunk drop in turbo and 100% nozzles are making 575 hp now? Go ol' 7.3!

co04cobra

Reaction score
Ive rode in Johns race truck with the brute 66. Very fun and VERY quick. Turbo spooled as fast as a stocker.

thuglike

Reaction score
Guys..it's all good!!!! :thumbsup:

Even if you guys were pounding on it..you all have a right to your opinion. I didn't post to "shut anyone up" just posted a fact or 2 for those that didn't know.

I never felt like the product was under attack in any way.
We are not claiming some kind of life altering invention here..it does work well up to 600hp..that being said anything much over that is out of it's range!!!
BUT..

For a guy on a budget looking for a reliable dd 525-600 on fuel this turbo may be worth looking into.

Reaction score
I have also rode in jons truck and have driven his with that turbo. It had my 300/400s in it at the time. It was a bad ass ride! I was too busy trying to keep it in a straight line to watch gauges too much but I did look up and see 50psi once and it was not hooking up. I was very impressed!

thuglike

Reaction score
???

Jason I am in no way saying it will not support 600+ HP.. Just saying it would not be THE turbo of choice for a 600+ HP Build. I love drop in turbos. They have there place. But I would not say it is the turbo of choice.

But I maybe wrong. Would not be the first time!! But I guess if you can do it and keep back pressure in check and boost in check then it should last. Might not last as long as a normal T4 setup But should last.

Jason I am not in any way shape or form say your products are no good. if you all put it out then it has to be good. thought I would clear that up.

It would not be mine....how's that for honesty!!!!! :D

thuglike

Reaction score
Someone asked about BP....

Boost usually hits 50-55 with Backpressure around 65-70 ish so a little bit higher than 1:1 but more than acceptable!!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I hope I'm not shooting myself in my foot by putting in a T4i flange turbo mount. I can get a T4 flange also and weld it up for later by putting in flange connectors on the up pipes. Just will take time and more parts.

thuglike

Reaction score
This turbo is directed at the guy who does not want to get into a t4 set-up. The guy that loves the ease of a drop-in....

Think of it as a re-buildable 38r that will outflow a 38r.

Buy it..tunes are free and get a full 1 year warranty (with our tunes)

end of commercial.....:pimp:

V-Ref

Reaction score
I hope I'm not shooting myself in my foot by putting in a T4i flange turbo mount. I can get a T4 flange also and weld it up for later by putting in flange connectors on the up pipes. Just will take time and more parts.

I think it depends on if you want to select from Holset/Bell turbos (T4i) or if you wanted to select from Garrett/Borg Warners (T04, aka T4).

Borg Warner and Garrett only sell one type of gasket for both last I knew....with the east/west dimension slotted the extra .125 on each side to accomodate the differences between the two.

T04 aka T4
T4flange.gif

T4i
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh320/389SixPack/Turbo Flange - etc/T4iFlangeDimensions.jpg

I think this thread here about sums it up :hammer:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=53594&postcount=4

dsberman94

Reaction score
This turbo is directed at the guy who does not want to get into a t4 set-up. The guy that loves the ease of a drop-in....

Think of it as a re-buildable 38r that will outflow a 38r.

Buy it..tunes are free and get a full 1 year warranty (with our tunes)

end of commercial.....:pimp:

damn. now i want it except you don't tune for hydras dammit. but maybe one day once i get rid of this pmr and get a real motor with some headstuds

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.