Burning TS chip with PHP burner

JD3020

Reaction score
I'd call PHP and ask them, but i'd have better luck putting a chip on a 12v than i would getting a hold of them. Looking to write/burn a chip for a friend in a couple weeks. Will the PHP burner and software allow me to burn any TS chip, or are they coded?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
They're coded I believe.

However, I'm not sure if that's something that can be burned by the PHP burner...

Have you checked their forum yet?

V-Ref

Reaction score
I don't know why business practices like the ones employed by Bill Cohron @ PHP are tolerated.

Seriously...answer the phone already....and once you guys figure out what that ringing noise is....call people back.

I don't think you can burn a TS chip with a PHP burner either.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
What are you guys talking about? Why cqnt you burn a ts.chip.with a php.burner?

Used to have one...i used to.change my tunes all the time.

Different ts chips are coded differently.

JD3020

Reaction score
I haven't checked their forum, last time i tried getting on it was down.

And its a shame PHP runs their business the way they do, they have some extremely good products and Bill is a wealth of knowledge, but good lord there is 0 customer service. I know Dan(dieselboy) waited over a month for TDE1 definition files. It took them a month to send a simple email. I'm still surprised it only took me a couple weeks to get Minotaur up and going last summer, i must've lucked out on it.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
From what I understand, each tuner has their own format on "their" chips.

So the chip won't take a tune that isn't in that format.

But... I don't know if you can simply download that format, and burn the tune.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I believe you would need to send bill the chip for him to format it to work with a php tunes. I don't know if any burner will work but I think the chip has to be php formatted to work with php tunes you would load to it.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Yes but I believe those tunes have an encryption number that has to match the chip or at least a php chip with the same number or code.

n54power

Reaction score
you need to purchase a blank TS through them to be able to burn using their burner. and don't bother calling, send them PM on the forums or make a "hey php I need help " thread. their fast to answer.

I had a issue when I first got my FU. at 8pm California time they responded to a help request,remote accessed my laptop and fixed the issue.all while having dinner with his family.

Nobody Special

Reaction score
Looking to write/burn a chip for a friend in a couple weeks. Will the PHP burner and software allow me to burn any TS chip, or are they coded?

The only way you'll be able to erase and reflash the chip with a PHP-sourced chip programmer is to use a chip having a security code that matches the programmer's security code. This goes for ALL TS chips and chip programmer hardware regardless of the source (so it's not a PHP got-you-by-the-balls thing). Basically, if your friend didn't get his chip through PHP, you will not be able to erase or reflash it without first having it formatted to match the programmer's security code.

Chvyrkr said:
From what I understand, each tuner has their own format on "their" chips.

So the chip won't take a tune that isn't in that format.

But... I don't know if you can simply download that format, and burn the tune.

The binary flashed to the chip's memory isn't of relevance. Of course, the file size has to be correct and the binary itself (encrypted or not source file) has to match whatever chip "burning" software is used, but the binary doesn't contain the security features required by the programmer and chip to perform an erase/write routine.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I think it's 25 but I can't remember for sure, it's been a few years since I had one done. Took me about 4 months to get it back.

MossBack

Reaction score
Not sure why a php burner would be any different than the burner I have... But I have personally done 2 blank and 2 that previously were tuned by "other than my tuner" tunes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
You can not use the PHP burner with a normal TS chip. It has to be A TS chip that has been re coded BY PHP to work with the PHP Burner. In order for the chip to work with the PHP burner you will need to send the chip in to PHP, And have him re-code the chip to work with his burner. OR you can buy a TS chip burner and use that to burn the chip. I sell TS burners..... :D

The TS burner will work with the PHP software.

JD3020

Reaction score
Whats the price for a TS burner?

I have another friend that i'm pretty sure does have a TS burner, so i'll see if i can get a hold of it to try out.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Whats the price for a TS burner?

I have another friend that i'm pretty sure does have a TS burner, so i'll see if i can get a hold of it to try out.

You will need to download the software to use the TS burner, When that is done you should be able to burn any standard TS chip.

Price on the way by PM.

Latest posts

Members online