Button shifted F350

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I run a 60lb sensor because even though the truck makes more power higher, by 60lbs I can call for the full line and it will be good enough for the remaining boost rise beyond without banging hard at 60. If I went to a 100lb sensor I would lose good resolution at low boost and the truck would be ill-shifting around town unable to discern between say 5 and 10lbs of boost very well.

I thought about running a 75 and may still.

Looks like you did well on the buttons, but from a human factors engineering standpoint I can't help but point out that at full power those buttons will be going from 9'oclock to 3'oclock, back to 7'oclock, so on and so forth while you're skiing around at 50+mph. Good luck chasing them around that wheel to make an upshift, lol.

The old, spin, spin, spin, spin while rolling the wheel back and forth, chopping the throttle and stabbing third gear isn't going to happen IMO. If I kept my hand over those buttons I'd be putting the nose of the truck through the ditch shortly thereafter because if my left hand is at 9'oclock, I can only cut the wheel about 45 degrees left before my elbow gets caught on my side. So the first time the ass swings back left I'm going into the right ditch, lol.

Which explains the only reason I've never put shift controls on the steering area. Cars that do that also have a steering ratio that allows lock to lock to happen in like 2 revs or less. Often times much less. Our trucks are like 3 turns lock to lock. You have to move your steering hand through a huge range of motion to control the truck.

For hauling ass I would have a second set of controls that my right hand could actuate separate from the wheel that's spinning violently left and right chasing the ass of the truck.

Hmm. I got the 0-100psi. My issue with using boost to adjust line is gonna be my 75 doesn't make boost untill 2000 rpm so most of my daily driving the truck doesn't see much boost. Oh well I'll plink with it.

I like the buttons on the wheel ao I don't have to fumble around under wot. My second choice was a window switch on the door. But I didn't like that too much.

Yes speedo is km/h lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im digging what charles said about the shift buttons being close to the right hand and allowing the left to control the steering all the way around the wheel....

is this possible to do with a trans thats not pcs controlled?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ya I kinda got the idea from Charles. Back in the day he posted a vid of manual shifting his. Basically reassembled an old game boy that he held. Slick idea. I just want the hidden factor. So far it hasnt been to bad. My steering is fairly tight. So I haven't had to rotate the wheel enough to not be able to shift.

I'm not sure any one else offers s full manual mode. I know of one other company that makes a 4r controller. Apparently it doesn't hold a candle to the PCS.

Charles

Reaction score
Hmm. I got the 0-100psi. My issue with using boost to adjust line is gonna be my 75 doesn't make boost untill 2000 rpm so most of my daily driving the truck doesn't see much boost. Oh well I'll plink with it.

I like the buttons on the wheel ao I don't have to fumble around under wot. My second choice was a window switch on the door. But I didn't like that too much.

Yes speedo is km/h lol

If it doesn't make enough boost to register then it probably doesn't make enough power to need more line either...

The 100psi sensor is going to give you even less resolution in that area though. A 60psi sensor is perfect for a single charger truck. I use a 60psi sensor on a truck that creeps near tripple digits, so you would probably be better to just get a 60lb sensor before you even start.

But that's just me. I wouldn't even consider a 100psi sensor on a truck that would probably run 50 to 65lbs at full song.

A 100psi sensor that was working flawlessly would only show ~.2 volts increase (0.7v or so output) when you were making 5lbs at light throttle about to make a shift. A 60lb sensor on the other hand would be reading almost .4 volts rise by then (0.9v output). Much better room for you to dial in the shifting down low, light to light.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it doesn't make enough boost to register then it probably doesn't make enough power to need more line either...

The 100psi sensor is going to give you even less resolution in that area though. A 60psi sensor is perfect for a single charger truck. I use a 60psi sensor on a truck that creeps near tripple digits, so you would probably be better to just get a 60lb sensor before you even start.

But that's just me. I wouldn't even consider a 100psi sensor on a truck that would probably run 50 to 65lbs at full song.

A 100psi sensor that was working flawlessly would only show ~.2 volts increase (0.7v or so output) when you were making 5lbs at light throttle about to make a shift. A 60lb sensor on the other hand would be reading almost .4 volts rise by then (0.9v output). Much better room for you to dial in the shifting down low, light to light.

Where would a person find such a 60psi sensor?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why they offer a 100psi MAP sensor direct from PCS. Seeing as in the software it only will allow up to 59.5psi in the MAP function

Charles

Reaction score
i thought Matt at gearhead sold a bigger map sensor?? im sure i read that some where...

These people are talking about a sensor with the triangular shaped plug like the ICP sensor. It's for the trans controller. Not the sensor with the big goofy ass plastic plug that the truck PCM reads over on the heater box.

George4

Reaction score
i thought Matt at gearhead sold a bigger map sensor?? im sure i read that some where...

I asked him about it a few weeks ago. He was working on one but I don't think it panned out... Here is one of our PMs when talking about it.

Gearhead said:
George4 said:
Hey Matt, I found a thread from 09 on PSN saying they you were working an a new MAP sensor that will have the capacity for boost in excess of 35 psi. Did that ever work out? I am running into a defueling issue at 24psi and am looking for some tunes along with a way to get my boost psi up. Or is it necessary to just regulate how much air the MAP sensor is reading. The reason I would rather replace the MAP is because I have a SCT Livewire that also works as my gauges and I would like to see what my boost psi is reading without additional gauges. Here is that thread I came across.
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41097

Thanks,
~ George

well the issue is that the sct still will see 25 psi max, it would just really be 35 instead.... i can take care of the defueling with one of my chips or you need boost fooler with your current tuning.

Charles

Reaction score
I asked him about it a few weeks ago. He was working on one but I don't think it panned out... Here is one of our PMs when talking about it.

What's the point exactly? If you want a higher pressure sensor cut the goofy ass plug off the chassis harness and pin out the connector for a standard sensor like being discussed in this thread. Then choose from any pressure range you desire...

If you want to go back just put the goofy ass OEM plug back on the harness again.

George4

Reaction score
What's the point exactly? If you want a higher pressure sensor cut the goofy ass plug off the chassis harness and pin out the connector for a standard sensor like being discussed in this thread. Then choose from any pressure range you desire...

If you want to go back just put the goofy ass OEM plug back on the harness again.

Like I said that was a few weeks ago, before it was talked about in this thread. Before it was talked about here I did not know that it was as simple as you just explained. :D

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Very cool dieselboy, glad to see you finally got it set up! I'm sure it makes it feel like a whole new truck yet again.

I must say, I'm extremely happy with my PCS controlled BTS! I'm happy with the way its set up right now to run through the gears empty. However with a heavy load behind me you will get knocked out of your seat when the convertor locks. So this spring I'm going to add a switch for calibration B, so I can have a DD file and a towing file on the second calibration.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Thanks. I hear ya. The calibration b is an awesome feature. May I suggest adding in a pressure sensors to read boost, tuning line and tc lockup rate off MAP is far superior to TPS. I'm just fine tuning mine now. But it shifts more consistently. A lot better for fine tuning the line pressure DC.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Thanks. I hear ya. The calibration b is an awesome feature. May I suggest adding in a pressure sensors to read boost, tuning line and tc lockup rate off MAP is far superior to TPS. I'm just fine tuning mine now. But it shifts more consistently. A lot better for fine tuning the line pressure DC.

Yeah, Charles told me to do that before I had even bought any of the stuff. I will eventually do that because I'm sure it makes it so much easier to set up line pressure the way it should be. But for now the good old TPS will have to get me by.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.