cabs coming off... fuel and turbo upgrade help?

randy_4life

Reaction score
hey all I been slowly collecting parts for my cab off and I need some help on what to do with the fuel system and turbos, this is my tow vehicle so I don't want anything crazy jus a mild upgrade.

so far I got ARP studs and all the OEM gaskets/bolts, waterpump,

truck already is dpf deleted, egr system removed, intake elbow, minimaxx, airraid intake(getting no limit)

what should I be doing for turbo and fuel?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
72mm atmo would be a good option to add into your parts list. If ya want some info on one shoot me a PM. You can run that on stock fueling with no prob. Upgraded up-pipes and possible 6.0 mani's would be a good step to take as well while the cab is off.

randy_4life

Reaction score
fuellab pump for low pressure is that a lift pump setup? (lost with fuel on this truck)

Elite 72MM Tow Power Plus Atmospheric Turbo??

up pipes for BD 6.0's??

thanks for the help guys :)

bigaF250

Reaction score
Fuel lab is a lift pump. Elite, Rcd 71mm, 72mm, 75mm from Rcd or 76mm from elite. All of those turbos are good on stock fuel and will pull with no sacrifice. 6.0L exhaust manifolds and up pipes, almost anywhere that sells 6.4 parts sells those. Are you looking to stay stock injectors and hpfp? If I can make a suggestion for a place to get these parts, I buy everything from RUDY'S diesel, great guys to work with, very helpful and great customer service

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

capt dong

Reaction score
manis and up pipes for sure. just found an exhaust leak yesterday on my truck. im definitely not ready to put in time and effort to replace them. have other projects. pita job cab on.

Mbatten

Reaction score
59 high pressure! With low pressure any low pressure it's worth it

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid build! As for the atmospheres, I believe we have a couple in stock! Also, Elite can build you the up pipes you need for those manifolds. If I can help you with some pricing, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randy_4life

Reaction score
thanks for all the replys guys she is gonna be a beast :)
PM sent.. :)

going to BD this week and gonna grab a set of the 6.0 mani since im local to them :)

what about the high pressure fuel pump, what do we do about them in a build ive only heard everyone talk about low pressure?

what about wastegate kit? what are guys running?
rudys has a set of up pipes for the 6.0 mani im pretty sold on, there is an option that says with or without wastegate port? can someone please elaborate on that for me, does that mean I jus have to buy a wastegate and bolt it to the uppipes?

id like to get as many parts befor the shop so I jus got labour to pay and not a huge nutz kick we its all done so I really appreciate all the help big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Since you are not getting crazy with your tow truck, I would not mess with the high pressure side. If you would add bigger turbos you could run a second fuel pump and nozzels. You dont need a wastegate if you're not going to be adding fuel. When your ebp starts getting high bc you added more fuel, thats when a wastegate is needed.

randy_4life

Reaction score
TOW TRUCK hahaha I was waiting for someone to roast me on that LOL

with the 6.4's is it jus nozzles that get changed and not injectors?

im either changing the a full compound setup or jus going with a bigger 72mm atmo

I like the idea of having a wastegate so im gonna get it while everything is apart, me not knowing enough has it in my head that I should be doing it as a safety LOL

randy_4life

Reaction score
No HP goal I hate going by numbers what ever it ends up it ends up. My boosted SRT8 I had a goal of 1000 whp and when I supercharged/forgedNstroked it , I didn't get there and was so disappointed now I have a supercharger kit on my shelf and a pro mod 88mm turbo kit and im there I don't want that to happen here LOL
so with this I don't want to say any numbers jus want to get a nice setup and be happy with it... don't wanna go extreme cause I find that just wrecks vehicles after building them they are never the same and u jus think to your self oh why oh why didn't I leave it stock....
So main goal, is to be some what reliable, wanna address all the weak points and build it up from there to be honest ive always run the truck on MILD on the canned tunes on my minimaxx and been more than happy.... So im gonna be more than super happy with what we end up coming up with I'm not worrying about HP numbers a solid runner will have me happier than a pig in SH*T :)

HD F250

Reaction score
I would consider a new HPFP if you can swing it for piece of mind. Save your second pump for a while incase you decide, like most of us, you want more. LOL I would also upgrade drivetrain springs and pushrods while you have heads off.

Good luck with your build.

randy_4life

Reaction score
is it jus a factory HPFP that everyone changes to or is there an aftermarket upgrade?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Factory HPFP would be plenty for what your looking to do. If you want a price on that as well PM me.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Factory is your only option really. Dual pumps are needed for bigger nozzles/above 700hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts