Cales live tuning

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Yea we finally dialed my truck in quite well, idle is good now and the acceleration is great. Turbo is great on the freeway but I think I'll be selling this later in the summer and going to a S366. I daily drive in the city too much and need that quicker spool.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Yea we finally dialed my truck in quite well, idle is good now and the acceleration is great. Turbo is great on the freeway but I think I'll be selling this later in the summer and going to a S366. I daily drive in the city too much and need that quicker spool.[/
QUOTE]

Right on.

Btw are you running a pcs tcm-2000 ?

Truck came from ford with a hand shaker. I believe so. It costs 750ish

On your s475 whats your egts and spool like?

Spool is slow for the first 8lbs. Doesn't make any boost at 65mph. Egts cruising are 8-900 and if I throttle up to pass 1000-1100. Any hill 1200 all around 70-75mph.

joebob3093

Reaction score
Why did you decide to go with a pcs? 2002 truck? I'm at wits end with trans tuning of my 2002 truck.. 2 built Bts trans in under 20k each Time done. Has to be the trans tuning.. Craig has me 97% convinced to go with a pcs..

cale told me that when i swap to an auto he would run the PCS rather then trying to finding a PCM out of an auto.

Milford

Reaction score
Yea we finally dialed my truck in quite well, idle is good now and the acceleration is great. Turbo is great on the freeway but I think I'll be selling this later in the summer and going to a S366. I daily drive in the city too much and need that quicker spool.[/
QUOTE]

Right on.

Truck came from ford with a hand shaker. I believe so. It costs 750ish

Spool is slow for the first 8lbs. Doesn't make any boost at 65mph. Egts cruising are 8-900 and if I throttle up to pass 1000-1100. Any hill 1200 all around 70-75mph.

Well with headwork and a cam my spool might be a little better buut my truck is a toy so no need to tow or use it as a dd.

OSCS

Reaction score
I'm currently un happy with my tunes and am in the market for new ones. Care to divolge who did such a terrible job so they don't get my money

Milford

Reaction score
Im only going with a 250/200 or maybe a 300/200 injector. I just want to be able to push that to the max and not have to worry about rods or any other piece of the motor.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Milford. I ran 250/200s with my 471. It was all around a very nice setup. You will pick up a touch more top end, but you will sacrifice a bit of bottom end and response.

Oscs. Its not that the did a bad job, hell I liked their tunes but when I brought to their attention that my truck idled perfectly fine with my old tunes and with yours not so good, and noticed that tuner A ran 700rpm and 625 icp and it idled nice and tuner b idled at 650 and 800 icp and idled like a POS without even trying to update the tunes I was told by his partner that my injectors were on the way out. Keep in mind they had less then 5000 miles on the whole motor and sticks. And my old tunes ran fine

Its too bad, to be honest if they had fixed the idle I would have most likely passed on Cales live tuning. So I guess in the end it worked out well because not so much for the tuning but Cale got my PCS issue sorted and wrote me a badass trans tune.

And the tunes as well, even after a new set of sticks from Nate, gen3 and a new s475 those tunes don't idle for chit. and Cales idle good as do Matts.
My Swamps tunes ran great, however being told "I am to believe you have injector issues, so we are refusing to tune via email." Really rubbed me the wrong way without even attempting to adjust the idle.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Milford. I ran 250/200s with my 471. It was all around a very nice setup. You will pick up a touch more top end, but you will sacrifice a bit of bottom end and response.

Oscs. Its not that the did a bad job, hell I liked their tunes but when I brought to their attention that my truck idled perfectly fine with my old tunes and with yours not so good, and noticed that tuner A ran 700rpm and 625 icp and it idled nice and tuner b idled at 650 and 800 icp and idled like a POS without even trying to update the tunes I was told by his partner that my injectors were on the way out. Keep in mind they had less then 5000 miles on the whole motor and sticks. And my old tunes ran fine

Its too bad, to be honest if they had fixed the idle I would have most likely passed on Cales live tuning. So I guess in the end it worked out well because not so much for the tuning but Cale got my PCS issue sorted and wrote me a badass trans tune.

And the tunes as well, even after a new set of sticks from Nate, gen3 and a new s475 those tunes don't idle for chit. and Cales idle good as do Matts.
My Swamps tunes ran great, however being told "I am to believe you have injector issues, so we are refusing to tune via email." Really rubbed me the wrong way without even attempting to adjust the idle.

Love this post!!! Heard this story a lot this weekend.

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Mad, you shouldnt be having transmission tuning issues, it's was an auto from the factory right? My truck is a VDH2 02 with BTS auto with alotta miles on it, no isuses thus far. I think you're doing it wrong LOL

Yes, as far as the turbo is concerned, i never really thought so but having a large compressor really makes the truck less streetable as far as "having to drive around it" and keep the RPM's up. Low 70's inducer mm is a happy medium between enough CFM to get the job done relatively well and not be a total dog on the street just cruising.

Milford

Reaction score
Now doesnt the 471 and the 467 billet flow the same or was it a different turbo that flowed with the 471 that is smaller?

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I dont know what the hell they can do to a compressor wheel to make it flow similar unless the exducers are very close, i know there's room for a big exducer the race cover is huuuge.. I find it hard to believe that it can flow the same however alot of people seem to be giving nothing but + feedback on it. All things similar the smaller compressor wheel inducer will spool quicker.

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
DB,

I am wondering if something is up maybe a small boost leak. You stated EGTs = 800-900° F 0 PSI Boost @ 65 MPH cruising steady empty bed. I could very well be wrong but I would expect to see 600-700. Especially when you consider the 200% nozzles and health turbo. I am thinking maybe a small boost leak or a tuning tweak?

TARM

Reaction score
I dont know what the hell they can do to a compressor wheel to make it flow similar unless the exducers are very close, i know there's room for a big inducer the race cover is huuuge.. I find it hard to believe that it can flow the same however alot of people seem to be giving nothing but + feedback on it. All things similar the smaller compressor wheel inducer will spool quicker.

The real way to know is testing like Bill did with the Bat wheel vs stock comp wheels and 1.15 non wg vs 1.0 wg turbine housing. You just can not always go by the seat of the pants feel or even the general opinion

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Mad, you shouldnt be having transmission tuning issues, it's was an auto from the factory right? My truck is a VDH2 02 with BTS auto with alotta miles on it, no isuses thus far. I think you're doing it wrong LOL

Yes, as far as the turbo is concerned, i never really thought so but having a large compressor really makes the truck less streetable as far as "having to drive around it" and keep the RPM's up. Low 70's inducer mm is a happy medium between enough CFM to get the job done relatively well and not be a total dog on the street just cruising.

I agree with both statements. Mad Id tend to agree here. Tons of guys running BTS trans with alot more power.

TARM

Reaction score
Smart A!@$!@#$@!

If I had the money I would do it. LOL

But I can see a wheel design making a difference. While there is more to them then only the wheel change look at the GTX versus GT turbo versions. No question there about the gains.

Latest posts

Members online