Cales live tuning

2000wa250

Reaction score
I know with my 467 and cales tunes with 250/200s at 75 im cruising with a pound or two of boost and 600-700 egts. Can't break 1100 on my egts empty.

However I do need some tuning tweaks. Icp isn't making more than 3000 at WOT. Cale said its being commanded for 34-3600. Dc% is only at 37 max at the highest icp. This is with joeys twin pumps. Cruising its only making like 1200-1500 icp. I feel like the tuning needs to bring icp in sooner. Might also have a bit of a sticking ipr. Pulling it and cleaning it tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TARM

Reaction score
Right, I would think 800-900 would be if you had something in tow and he was talking 65 mph so that is what has me thinking there is a boost leak somewhere. Sometimes those on the Y going into the plenum are hard to see or hear.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Joe that sounds about right where mine is at. Even on the dyno I didn't see more than 40 psi

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

V-Ref

Reaction score
I dont know what the hell they can do to a compressor wheel to make it flow similar unless the exducers are very close, i know there's room for a big exducer the race cover is huuuge.. I find it hard to believe that it can flow the same however alot of people seem to be giving nothing but + feedback on it. All things similar the smaller compressor wheel inducer will spool quicker.

PSJ- The 67.7 FMW comp wheel uses the wheel technology/smarts from the development of the BW EFR 9180 turbo. Very close dimensionally, but not the exact same comp wheel. http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/borgwarner-efr/borgwarner-efr-9180-turbo.html

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Neat. I had been eyeing that up but for THAT price a gtx4294r would probably make more sense. Ok you haven't told me about your impressions on the turbo, get everything together?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Right, I would think 800-900 would be if you had something in tow and he was talking 65 mph so that is what has me thinking there is a boost leak somewhere. Sometimes those on the Y going into the plenum are hard to see or hear.

Tim you could be right, however I am running a bigger charger then the 67 and 71. 60-85 MPH egts are 8-900. It spikes up as I excelerate, and as soon as I let out to cruise both banks sit roughly 825.
I will check for a boost leak though, gotta dig up the thread and stop being lazy. With that I can hit just shy of 50psi.

V-Ref

Reaction score
DB- those EGTs don't sound too far off depending on tuning, especially if that's with a "hotter" tune. A idea that crept in my head when I made my leak detector was to rig up a shrader valve on one of the ports on my intake y, then support a cap/plug over thr compressor intake, and use the existing boost guage to monitor leak rate/pressure.

PSJ-I think the best price for the 67.7 fmw is 1/2 the best price i could find on the top shelf GTX4294.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I checked on the way home. I lied. At 60mph one bank was 615* and the other was 685*

Brain fart I get. 800 musta been at 75mph

TARM

Reaction score
That looks MUCH better. Spot on. Good deal. Just wanted to be sure and not have you running a boost leak after all the work you put into it.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ya no doubt. I checked 3 times on the way home LOL

I still might check though. Never hurts. But I think its fine.

OSCS

Reaction score
Milford. I ran 250/200s with my 471. It was all around a very nice setup. You will pick up a touch more top end, but you will sacrifice a bit of bottom end and response.

Oscs. Its not that the did a bad job, hell I liked their tunes but when I brought to their attention that my truck idled perfectly fine with my old tunes and with yours not so good, and noticed that tuner A ran 700rpm and 625 icp and it idled nice and tuner b idled at 650 and 800 icp and idled like a POS without even trying to update the tunes I was told by his partner that my injectors were on the way out. Keep in mind they had less then 5000 miles on the whole motor and sticks. And my old tunes ran fine

Its too bad, to be honest if they had fixed the idle I would have most likely passed on Cales live tuning. So I guess in the end it worked out well because not so much for the tuning but Cale got my PCS issue sorted and wrote me a badass trans tune.

And the tunes as well, even after a new set of sticks from Nate, gen3 and a new s475 those tunes don't idle for chit. and Cales idle good as do Matts.
My Swamps tunes ran great, however being told "I am to believe you have injector issues, so we are refusing to tune via email." Really rubbed me the wrong way without even attempting to adjust the idle.

Thanks for the info I've been in the market and think I'm gonna go with Matt's tunes.

Latest posts

Members online