Cam Swap on stock 6.0L....

Straubtech

Reaction score
do you know what trucks will be at rudys with your cam ?

If we ship the 37 cams that are on back order and guys thrash, a few. Now if diesel pullers are the gas pullers they don't want anyone to know.

I should have 3 Cummins and 2 Duramax also. I will be in the Exhibitors area for questions.

Straubtech

Reaction score
Side Action ran a 7.20. Baillie diesel won the 3.6 Class, Dave Byers truck with more fuel made 1150HP on Rudy's Dyno.

cboger

Reaction score
Side Action ran a 7.20. Baillie diesel won the 3.6 Class, Dave Byers truck with more fuel made 1150HP on Rudy's Dyno.

all running your cam?

sidenote, i stopped and talked to you at rudys. It always leaves a good impression when you take the time to do that.

Straubtech

Reaction score
all running your cam?

sidenote, i stopped and talked to you at rudys. It always leaves a good impression when you take the time to do that.

Yes, all running the same camshaft. Dave Byers I am told was beside himself with the numbers. It's also good many trucks were all on the same dyno so for comparison sake it levels the field.

You will find I am an open book. I enjoy the educational side of things as much as the making of power. My first Cummin's 3.6 cam was tested Tuesday. We were down 40HP from what Baillie had seen the best but the torque was up 30#/ft and curve was flatter. We were short on HP as we were down peak rpm by 300. The cam is .080" shorter on lift and 20 degree smaller on intake and 30 degrees smaller on exhaust at .050" duration. As I have said, duration is the ability to sustain power at a given rpm. So based on the 300 rpm I have calculated the needed duration and lift.

So we will have the gains with the next cam to give a very successful program with still a much smaller camshaft.

Straubtech

Reaction score
Customer of Southern KY with a cam swapped 6.4L told Zeb that with a ******* 310 Tune pulling a 900RZR on a trailer down the interstate at 70MPH EGT's are 700 degrees.

Reaction score
CAMS ARE IN STOCK READY TO GO !!!!

LMK if anyone needs one of these to have the best possible camshaft for your truck weather your DD or weekend racing this cam will honestly have you covered.

On a side note dave byers truck also got another 1.5-2 mpg more on his trip from NC to IN HAND CALC!

Straubtech

Reaction score

LMK if anyone needs one of these to have the best possible camshaft for your truck weather your DD or weekend racing this cam will honestly have you covered.

On a side note dave byers truck also got another 1.5-2 mpg more on his trip from NC to IN HAND CALC!

That's great man. I never thought the fuel mileage would be a benefit of the new profiles but as more and more people give feedback fuel mileage increase is part of it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
That's great man. I never thought the fuel mileage would be a benefit of the new profiles but as more and more people give feedback fuel mileage increase is part of it.

IIRC you guys said idle sound and exhaust tone changed with these new cams?

Do you guys have any videos of a truck idling/driving with one of these cams?

Reaction score
IIRC you guys said idle sound and exhaust tone changed with these new cams?

Do you guys have any videos of a truck idling/driving with one of these cams?

As of right now we do not . If anything it was very minimal. I will have a sound clip of the cam when we get the 2.5 puller back in as we are doing back to back runs from the colt to our pusher cam.

swinky

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with zeb, hate I missed you guys at the race. Took the win in 7.50 though!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Some of you know what DOSS is and some don't. When I went on the college after working in the shop I read everything I could about air compressors. This was under the advisement of John Reed, Reed Cams. John won the GA state science fair at 9 years old with a combustion engine build from wood.

Your comment of calculation is correct. It took nearly 9 months to assemble a program in DOSS to calculate out the needed valve events based on the data input. After 20 years of crunching numbers it takes be about 1.2 hours to figure camshaft lobe area and events.

Brother Had one of his cams in his dirt sprint car. Had a lifter go for crap and ate a lobe, had a hard time finding another one. Where is he now? It definitely worked well for the setup.

Straubtech

Reaction score
Brother Had one of his cams in his dirt sprint car. Had a lifter go for crap and ate a lobe, had a hard time finding another one. Where is he now? It definitely worked well for the setup.

John died in a plane crash in 1995. He wrote the book on out of the box thinking.

Latest posts

Members online