Cam turbo and injector questions

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I expect mine to break Im drag racing and sled pulling so Im sure it will break. I see these guys post saying they dyno 700 stock with nitrous and all these crazy numbers but when Im trying to do it, it cant be done. How is the S475 spool does light and stay light coming off the line at the drag strip.

I honestly don't know how it spools. It's not my truck. But I would think it's not too far off from my 472. And the 72 spools easily at the track and stays lit no problem

Reaction score
To have a 6.0 make 700+ on a single turbo you lose two things. Driveability and reliability.

A good 75mm single can support 800hp with enough fuel to push it. Going to need ported heads and intake. Dual hpop, big injectors like 300cc+, big nozzles, cam will help the big single spool. You will need all the fuel side up to par, reg return, lp fuel system ect. The air side need to be good, spearco intercooler, intake elbow or no-limit pipes. Pushrods and valve springs need upgraded.

I personally would go with rods and machined and coated pistons. Balance the rotating assembly. Use an ati damper.

This will net you some pretty decent power as reliably as possible.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
To have a 6.0 make 700+ on a single turbo you lose two things. Driveability and reliability.

A good 75mm single can support 800hp with enough fuel to push it. Going to need ported heads and intake. Dual hpop, big injectors like 300cc+, big nozzles, cam will help the big single spool. You will need all the fuel side up to par, reg return, lp fuel system ect. The air side need to be good, spearco intercooler, intake elbow or no-limit pipes. Pushrods and valve springs need upgraded.

I personally would go with rods and machined and coated pistons. Balance the rotating assembly. Use an ati damper.

This will net you some pretty decent power as reliably as possible.

Honestly I disagree with losing drivability and reliability. No my truck doesn't make 700, but it makes 640 which really isn't too far off, and it will be over 700 very shortly. I drive it all the time and have put probably 7k miles on it with the current setup. For such a big setup it drives quite nicely and honestly as far as reliability I really haven't anything go wrong other than the same things that would go wrong on a bone stock truck with 155k miles

stroker57

Reaction score
I believe there is goin to be a big difference in drivability with a 700hp single turbo truck and a 800hp single turbo truck it's goin to take a lot more fuel to get to 800 than 700.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I believe there is goin to be a big difference in drivability with a 700hp single turbo truck and a 800hp single turbo truck it's goin to take a lot more fuel to get to 800 than 700.

I think 700 vs. 800 can come down to a good turbo setup, good flowing heads, and good flowing intake manifold setup... I should find out quite soon LOL

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
future project next time they come off. But a pretty rad intake manifold setup is going on soon. Should make HUGE gains

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
elites biggest is the HO. but rudys has a 71mm vgt now. then there are mtw vgt's.

Vgt ho has a larger turbine, among other custom parts... Not just a compressor upgrade and some minor tweaks

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I think one of you guys that are giving advise on what works and doesn't, what's drivable at 800hp and what isn't should start by paying down 800LOL have any of you. Guys layed down 800 and. Proved it

Latest posts

Members online