Cam turbo and injector questions

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Just gate the mofo the spray the pi$$ out of it LOL LOL

In all seriousness, a nonVGT will be much easier to get dialed in with the gate and the spray.

lifted350

Reaction score
I am the one Josh is talking about with 710rwhp. My truck is on 40's also and I daily drive it. The 475 spool's decently on the street for it's size. And with holding correct ICP and same intake josh is putting on, plus having my injector's tweaked, him and I should be close to seeing 800rwhp all day long without any spray.

lifted350

Reaction score
As for the cam, when I did mine I installed when I did the entire build. If your going to be doing rod's, and having the engine that for disassembled for the cost of the cam it wouldnt hurt to throw it in there. I think it can only benefit you, question is just how much?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
what track times have you gotten out of it?

That things on 40's.... LOL LOL what are so called "track times" when on 40's!

But like Rob said, with the new intake mani setup we are doing on my truck, the dual hpops that craig is working on, swapping my 72 wheel to a 75 wheel and housing, and a little more injector modding, there is no reason we shouldn't be at or above 800 on fuel only, no cam, stock bottom end, and stock heads other than o rings. Hopefully it does what we were expecting, maybe it won't. I will have results as soon as it is done.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
We already msde 830 on fuel with whitey. We did have ported heads. Stock cam s475 single pump with large injectors special intake manifolds and air to water

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
We already msde 830 on fuel with whitey. We did have ported heads. Stock cam s475 single pump with large injectors special intake manifolds and air to water

Tell Craig to work on my stuff lol I want to make 800 too please :)

Reaction score
I think one of you guys that are giving advise on what works and doesn't, what's drivable at 800hp and what isn't should start by paying down 800LOL have any of you. Guys layed down 800 and. Proved it

Is this directed at me?

If it is me, then I would like to know how reliable and long lasting a 6.0 injector is that has enough fueling capability to make 800hp fuel only with a single turbo? Daily driven? 20,000 miles a year?

I don't think so.

And I've driven plenty of single non vgt turbo 6.0 trucks and have yet to be pleased enough with the street manner to say that I would like to drive one. They are not a clean running setup for daily driving. If you can provide me a single turbo 6.0 that can make 800 Hp on fuel and not be a lagy or smokey on the street, I'd like a ride in it. Idk maybe my standards are higher. But IMO if you can't drive away from a stop light as fast as the traffic around you without leaving smoke behind then its not good.

This response was all based on a 800hp fuel only single turbo.

Add compounds into the mix and the drivability comes back. It doesn't matter what engine it is. A single turbo that makes 800 Hp on fuel will not drive clean under normal circumstances. At least not to my standards, some people don't care though.

Bet there's not very many 300+cc injectors out there that are gonna last tens of thousands of miles in a daily driver.

In fact I really doubt that any cummins duramax or powerstroke is reliable at 800rwhp fuel only single turbo. Just the name of the game. Always something leaking, rattling or acting funny. And by 800hp, I don't mean that its made 800 then gets totally detuned for 98% of its life. A good solid 800hp drive it on that same tune as it dynoed on. Guaranteed it will break.

Have I made 800hp, yes. On a single turbo 6.0 and daily drive it? No. Because its not really feasible. I wouldn't ever want to. It's fine for the track.

If these are wrong please provide me with the corrections for the above statements.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
An 800 hp single 6.4 is more than driveable with good spoolup and minimal smoke. My truck with 60% II pump and a s472 was driveable with almost no smoke with the right tuning

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
come on guys....a single, daily driveable, reliable 800 horse 6.0?? I'm sure it's parked right next to my unicorn LOL. I'm not "hating" here but my 700 ish HP compound setup with gearhead tuning is still pretty hazy on the street. get under the turbos at all and you can forget it. you would have to be so careful driving around with a big single it wouldn't even be worth it as a street truck IMO. That being said I hope you do make 800 that would be sick... I just wouldn't call it an average DD haha.

sleeps

Reaction score
That things on 40's.... LOL LOL what are so called "track times" when on 40's!

But like Rob said, with the new intake mani setup we are doing on my truck, the dual hpops that craig is working on, swapping my 72 wheel to a 75 wheel and housing, and a little more injector modding, there is no reason we shouldn't be at or above 800 on fuel only, no cam, stock bottom end, and stock heads other than o rings. Hopefully it does what we were expecting, maybe it won't. I will have results as soon as it is done.

I wad sent expecting him to set the world on fire with the 40's haha. I was just curious what that much power would get you while still running huge tires!

Also, if maybe he put smaller tires on to take it to the track and get some good times.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
My .02 would be to forget the 800 mark on a streetable single. A big VGT could get you close to 700 easily. I'd probably run a good size conventional or a smaller hybrid like our 255/100% we built for Lance. Our Stage 2 Cam with Billet Rods, and Flycut/Delipped Mahle pistons would be my suggestion on bottom end. A 68 Powermax will get you high 600's pretty easily with that set up, and still be streetable.

Jared

oconnors17

Reaction score
How many time do I have to say NOT A DAILLY DRIVER just asking my 190s with a powermax don't work for a dd for me. I pull large trailers all the time. I want to go 11s in the 1/4 or pull 300+feet

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
come on guys....a single, daily driveable, reliable 800 horse 6.0?? I'm sure it's parked right next to my unicorn LOL. I'm not "hating" here but my 700 ish HP compound setup with gearhead tuning is still pretty hazy on the street. get under the turbos at all and you can forget it. you would have to be so careful driving around with a big single it wouldn't even be worth it as a street truck IMO. That being said I hope you do make 800 that would be sick... I just wouldn't call it an average DD haha.

I agree with you. Yes it's not the ideal daily driver and even with my setup now, you get under the turbo or lay into real hard on the street and it's a smokey mess. But just normal driving and quick acceleration it honestly isn't too smokey at all. I think with the 75 and more fuel it will be worse though.

Latest posts

Members online