Can certain oil instantly ruin an IPR

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I had it at the house, I always run cheap stuff after an injector change that way if I have to pull them back out I’m not ruining too good of oil. I will run harvest king 15/40 when I get it straightened out though. Can’t beat 6$ a gallon.
i hope you are joking!

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I’ll have to check. It also has a gallon on delo 400 5/40 in it because Ive had to fill the hpop res so many times
i haven't ran the delo oil in a few years now since my dually hasnt been running so i am not sure how good any of the otc oils are anymore.. all i know is that ck spec takes a lot of the good stuff out of the oil..

id try to find some delo 15w40 that still has a cj spec. so pre ck spec. you might actually have a stiction issue going on.. or get ahold of jimdawg185 on here and get some LE 8700 15w40 delivered...

dumb question but does it have the right amount of oil in it?

live life full throttle

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I wouldn't pull the injectors just yet.

First verify that you have LPO. Then move onto the HPO side once you confirm LPO.

Get yourself a 3k hydraulic gauge and some hose to test the HPO side. If you need assistance let me know.

Billy T.
[email protected]

mandkole

Reaction score
He's got 30# of lpo cranking pressure measured in the res. No other troubleshooting result has been shared yet.

bruce

Reaction score
After the first time it died I pulled the drivers side injectors but the orings looked fine. Hell idk if I have a working ipr to troubleshoot with

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i think i asked once but it got looked over. are you using a new solenoid/coil with the new ipr's or just swapping ipr and reusing the old coil?

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had a dead IPR and it built no HPO. But I diagnosis it before throwing parts at.

Billy T.
[email protected]

I had one really throw me for a loop. Cranking would build 500 psi icp, then drop. I said ipr, so the guy replaced it. No luck. Unhooked hpop lines, no leak down. Watched injectors with vc's off, no problems. Pulled injectors to look at o rings, no problems. Put original ipr back in, still no start, build 500 psi, then drop to like 20 ish. Deadheaded the pump, and it would still build 500 psi, but no more. I didn't have a pressure relief on the gauge. Swapped an old hpop I had laying around, and fired right up. That was the 2nd hpop this truck had in like 230k miles too. In my experience, USUALLY when an ipr dies, sticks, whatever, you will build 200-250 psi icp, but wont go past that area.

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
Well I messed with it some today. 40psi of lpo during cranking, the voltage at the ipr while cranking is between 7-8vdc. It will build like 200psi of hpo then kinda fall back to 150psi. Then I removed the icp and put my Gauge in there and the mechanic gauge did exactly what AE showed.