Can someone verify my 6.0 problem?

stroker2

Reaction score
First off, i drove home last night and parked it and it had a slight lope to it. Just enough to make me notice it. I just shut it off. This morning comes around and i fire it up. Has a bit stronger lope and it continues as i let it warm up for a minute then i BARELY blip the throttle thinking i could level out the lope but the thing revs to 2k and comes back down and dies. Try and restart it and it doesnt even try and fire. Absolutely nothing. I check a few things with my SCT touch and duty cycle reads .84, FICM voltage at 48.5v, and ICP at 0 psi.

Im thinking my STC fitting decided 70k miles was all it wanted. Do you guys think the same. Do i need the updated STC fitting? Also, if this is the case, is my hpop phukked? Thanks again guys!

P.S.- i have NO codes

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
remove icp sensor and crank to verify no flow, then start with the stc

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Cheap fix!!!

Replacing the ICP is the fastest cheapest thing I would think. Hopefully you still have pressure and the sensor is just bad. Sounds like it to me.

pistonbully

Reaction score
Hate to high jack this but i wanna know. Whats it take to replace the ICP sensor?? What do i need to remove to be able to get at it?

stroker2

Reaction score
Cheap fix!!!

Replacing the ICP is the fastest cheapest thing I would think. Hopefully you still have pressure and the sensor is just bad. Sounds like it to me.

Yeah i drove it around easy for a bit then i did a WOT run in my street tune and it definitely runs good as normal so i would say pressure is fine. Just hope the sensors dont cost any more than a 7.3 icp sensor :eek:

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Yeah i drove it around easy for a bit then i did a WOT run in my street tune and it definitely runs good as normal so i would say pressure is fine. Just hope the sensors dont cost any more than a 7.3 icp sensor :eek:

should be around 25£

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Lassie

Reaction score
6.0 and 7.3 ICP sensors on ebay for 30 - 40 bucks. The Ford ICPs are pretty sketchy out of the package. At least 2 out of 10 are bad out of the bag.

Fly By Night

Reaction score
To help diagnose the issue we are going to need to know what happened to the truck prior to this incident. Did you engage in any WOT runs with wheel hop in gravel, tug of wars or WOT street runs? Those all can cause failures in 6.0 trucks, especially if they played tug of war with a 7.3. often times the testosterone from those 444 cubic inches will demoralize the inferior six liter to the point it will break itself to put itself out of misery.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
To help diagnose the issue we are going to need to know what happened to the truck prior to this incident. Did you engage in any WOT runs with wheel hop in gravel, tug of wars or WOT street runs? Those all can cause failures in 6.0 trucks, especially if they played tug of war with a 7.3. often times the testosterone from those 444 cubic inches will demoralize the inferior six liter to the point it will break itself to put itself out of misery.

Off your meds again?

stroker2

Reaction score
Hmmmm where should i buy? Any specific brand?

Yes since its had so many problems compared to your 7.3 right? NOT

Latest posts

Members online