Carli 2.5 Pics

Jomax

Reaction score
I just sold my Viper, and I'll tell you this: the C7 Z06 is not worth the money. 3 laps around a track and my buddy's Z was pulling timing while I continued to dominate. You should look into a Gen 5 Viper, same price, better reliability.

I see why you can afford a new truck as the offroad toy truck lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
No ****? My buddies new Z has been tearing it up. He did do some aftermarket cooling though.

I love the new vipers though, I've had my eyes on one for awhile especially after the price drop

You can pick up a TA for the low 90's to high 80's right now, and a TA will eat a Z alive. The supercharger in the Z's has worse heat soak than the LSA platform in the ZL1's had, and that's saying something. The only difference is that the Z06 pulls timing when it heats up, and can even shut the car down, you can see how that's a HUGE problem on the track especially if someone is right on your ass and your car just shuts down.

Your buddy added the cooling out of necessity lol, I'm saying you shouldn't have to buy a brand new car and immediately put aftermarket stuff on it just so that it performs as advertised. I've done track days against all manners of cars, and it's very very hard to beat the Viper. I put 15k worth of HARD miles on mine and never once had a major issue. I did cook the brakes once, lol, always fun :p

PM me when you get around to looking at ones. By then maybe GM will have a recall/fix for it. I'm not trying to bash the Vette, I had high hopes for it, especially having run against the ZR1. They just jumped the gun in releasing it, and have some bugs to work out. I still think the Viper is a better track car, but Vette's have always been more street friendly, and to be honest, that's where it will spend most of it's time.

Also Viper's are attention whore's, I've almost been hit 4 times on the highway by drivers trying to take videos, and never was able to fill up at a gas station without a photo shoot and a billion questions. It gets very very old fast, so keep that in mind.

Notneb

Reaction score
I see why you can afford a new truck as the offroad toy truck lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Lol, if I hadn't put so much money into the Viper just imagine where I'd be able to go with this truck... *sigh*

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
You can pick up a TA for the low 90's to high 80's right now, and a TA will eat a Z alive. The supercharger in the Z's has worse heat soak than the LSA platform in the ZL1's had, and that's saying something. The only difference is that the Z06 pulls timing when it heats up, and can even shut the car down, you can see how that's a HUGE problem on the track especially if someone is right on your ass and your car just shuts down.

Your buddy added the cooling out of necessity lol, I'm saying you shouldn't have to buy a brand new car and immediately put aftermarket stuff on it just so that it performs as advertised. I've done track days against all manners of cars, and it's very very hard to beat the Viper. I put 15k worth of HARD miles on mine and never once had a major issue. I did cook the brakes once, lol, always fun :p

PM me when you get around to looking at ones. By then maybe GM will have a recall/fix for it. I'm not trying to bash the Vette, I had high hopes for it, especially having run against the ZR1. They just jumped the gun in releasing it, and have some bugs to work out. I still think the Viper is a better track car, but Vette's have always been more street friendly, and to be honest, that's where it will spend most of it's time.

Also Viper's are attention whore's, I've almost been hit 4 times on the highway by drivers trying to take videos, and never was able to fill up at a gas station without a photo shoot and a billion questions. It gets very very old fast, so keep that in mind.

Yeah I was reading about heat soak, and figured eh screw it I'll just upgrade the charger but I guess when I think about it. If I'm spending 90-100k why is it a must haha. I do like the exclusivity of the viper for sure, I can see it being annoying with all the pictures haha. I had a 750hp turbo 5.0, then a 2013 GT500 I did all up, and it had the same effect, but I'm sure it's way worse with a viper lol

I'll definitely hit you up when it comes closer to buying time. I've been itching for a toy again, truck is a lot of fun but I miss my track days. Ready for some road course fun, done mostly drag racing with the 5.0 and GT500. I took the 500 on a road course event at circuit of America and that was a ****ing blast

Notneb

Reaction score
No, sold it. I wasn't putting enough miles on it, and it damn sure wasn't making any money in the garage...

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
For all the money I've spent building trucks the last 10 years I could have paid for a Viper, Z06 and this damned truck. lol
Most days I wish that 200K+ was still in the bank.

951 DAN

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the write up! I'll be doing a similar upgrade soon, just trying to figure it all out. This thread helped a bunch

Notneb

Reaction score
Update on the Commuter's punishment!!!

Ok, been working nights so didn't get to really abuse the Fox 2.0's until recently, buuuuutttt: Seriously for Carli's supposed: Asphalt Warrior Kit, this thing really holds it's own in the desert!

Took a few trips up to Mt. Lemmon to see how the M16's handle the snow, and found out that maybe... I... broke a vacuum line *cough* Look doesn't matter, what matters is I got about halfway up the mountain side before I figured out that the hubs were definitely NOT locked in lol. So me being lazy since I have to unbolt the hub covers on the wheels, I just locked the diff and made it work. I didn't get into deep enough snow to really warrant 4x4, just lost peace of mind. The M16's did ok, much better than I expected, and with some siping it would actually be a decent deep snow tire.

After that I spent some time down on the desert floor scouting trails that I could safely do 50-60mph down without ripping the front axle out from under the truck, lol. So I will say, as in Washington, the limits of the shocks are easy to get to, HOWEVER even when I got to where the ass end was starting to get loose, the truck was very manageable. For some Fox 2.0's with no remote reservoir, they were able to handle about 2 hours of constant 50mph runs down roads with pretty nasty washouts from the flash floods of the rainy season.

I hit a few "humps" that sent the front end airborne *only a few inches, settle down* and the whole time the truck was very well composed, very smooth even though you could tell the shocks were at their limits. I hit one that I may have bottomed out the fronts. This really made me think hard about getting ALA's and limit straps sooner than later lol.

Overall I'd say the suspension has about 2000 miles of decent speeds on some somewhat rough roads. For reference, I took my 08' 2500 down the same roads, with stock suspension and 33's, and averaged about 15mph lol. I know that's not a fair comparison, but it will give you an idea. I averaged 43mph in the F250 with what you see in the sig.

Like I said, Carli continues to impress me, and everyone that rides in the truck, ESPECIALLY fellow Carli owners. No one believes that it's only Fox 2.0's from the "Commuter" kit. Is it gonna win any Dakar's? No, but it'll damn sure try lol!

Jomax

Reaction score
Update on the Commuter's punishment!!!

Ok, been working nights so didn't get to really abuse the Fox 2.0's until recently, buuuuutttt: Seriously for Carli's supposed: Asphalt Warrior Kit, this thing really holds it's own in the desert!

Took a few trips up to Mt. Lemmon to see how the M16's handle the snow, and found out that maybe... I... broke a vacuum line *cough* Look doesn't matter, what matters is I got about halfway up the mountain side before I figured out that the hubs were definitely NOT locked in lol. So me being lazy since I have to unbolt the hub covers on the wheels, I just locked the diff and made it work. I didn't get into deep enough snow to really warrant 4x4, just lost peace of mind. The M16's did ok, much better than I expected, and with some siping it would actually be a decent deep snow tire.

After that I spent some time down on the desert floor scouting trails that I could safely do 50-60mph down without ripping the front axle out from under the truck, lol. So I will say, as in Washington, the limits of the shocks are easy to get to, HOWEVER even when I got to where the ass end was starting to get loose, the truck was very manageable. For some Fox 2.0's with no remote reservoir, they were able to handle about 2 hours of constant 50mph runs down roads with pretty nasty washouts from the flash floods of the rainy season.

I hit a few "humps" that sent the front end airborne *only a few inches, settle down* and the whole time the truck was very well composed, very smooth even though you could tell the shocks were at their limits. I hit one that I may have bottomed out the fronts. This really made me think hard about getting ALA's and limit straps sooner than later lol.

Overall I'd say the suspension has about 2000 miles of decent speeds on some somewhat rough roads. For reference, I took my 08' 2500 down the same roads, with stock suspension and 33's, and averaged about 15mph lol. I know that's not a fair comparison, but it will give you an idea. I averaged 43mph in the F250 with what you see in the sig.

Like I said, Carli continues to impress me, and everyone that rides in the truck, ESPECIALLY fellow Carli owners. No one believes that it's only Fox 2.0's from the "Commuter" kit. Is it gonna win any Dakar's? No, but it'll damn sure try lol!

Man, I Give you props for holding back. I couldn't and exploded my old suspension on 2.0s.

Strap that front end!!

No pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Man, I Give you props for holding back. I couldn't and exploded my old suspension on 2.0s.

Strap that front end!!

No pics?

Lol, if I wasn't about to shell out however much the new Raptor is gonna cost next fall, trust me, this truck would already be up at Morgans getting the powertrain done, while I put together a Dominator, ala's, bars, and maybe truss the axles. If Ford announces that they're not doing a 5.0TT version of the Raptor, the next day she'll be on a semi headed for Midwest! Until then, the venerable 2.0's will have to last!

Nothing yet on pics, I'm experimenting with go pro mounting spots, so far all I can agree on is that I need another go pro, lol. Next time I'm out playing I'll take the GF with me and make her take pics and do some fly by's for the go pro.

How did Toys for Tots go btw? Sorry I missed it, nights blows btw! lol

Notneb

Reaction score
Found why my hubs wouldn't lock, *gasp* it was a a bump stop that took out the wonderfully weak nylon tube vacuum line. What's even better, is I dropped it off at the dealer for an oil change *free for life* and asked them if they'd take a look while they were under there cuz I know I have a vacuum issue. The tech looked me right in the eye and said:
"Sir, the 4x4 system in these trucks is electronic, vacuum is an antiquated system."
I said:
"Perhaps you misunderstood, the vacuum lines that lock the hubs when you ELECTRONICALLY *wink* shift into 4x4 via the in cab switch, one of them is how you say: F*cked!"
Not sh!tting you guys, he chuckled and said: "I assure you the 4x4 system doesn't operate on vacuum sir"
I just told him that the dealership is now only allowed to do oil changes, and to put in my file, if I EVER ask for anything other than an oil change, to pop a flag up that says: "Remember the vacuum line incident?" so that I can rush myself to a hospital for a possible aneurysm for even CONSIDERING letting them even top off my washer fluid...
080_zpsdqcea5wn.jpg

081_zpsyl2fxybk.jpg

As you can see the bump stop won the fight! I'll grab some rubber vacuum line and put a patch in so that I can reroute it away from danger!

Jomax

Reaction score
Found why my hubs wouldn't lock, *gasp* it was a a bump stop that took out the wonderfully weak nylon tube vacuum line. What's even better, is I dropped it off at the dealer for an oil change *free for life* and asked them if they'd take a look while they were under there cuz I know I have a vacuum issue. The tech looked me right in the eye and said:
"Sir, the 4x4 system in these trucks is electronic, vacuum is an antiquated system."
I said:
"Perhaps you misunderstood, the vacuum lines that lock the hubs when you ELECTRONICALLY *wink* shift into 4x4 via the in cab switch, one of them is how you say: F*cked!"
Not sh!tting you guys, he chuckled and said: "I assure you the 4x4 system doesn't operate on vacuum sir"
I just told him that the dealership is now only allowed to do oil changes, and to put in my file, if I EVER ask for anything other than an oil change, to pop a flag up that says: "Remember the vacuum line incident?" so that I can rush myself to a hospital for a possible aneurysm for even CONSIDERING letting them even top off my washer fluid...
080_zpsdqcea5wn.jpg

081_zpsyl2fxybk.jpg

As you can see the bump stop won the fight! I'll grab some rubber vacuum line and put a patch in so that I can reroute it away from danger!

Clip broke off? Bump stops shouldn't smash it, if it's clipped correctly.

Don't you just love dealerships?

Notneb

Reaction score
Clip broke off? Bump stops shouldn't smash it, if it's clipped correctly.

Don't you just love dealerships?

Yeah, probably my own fault, but it wasn't clipped to the frame, popped it off installing the lift lol.

Notneb

Reaction score
Well... Twas bound to happen, might have exceeded the 2.0's threshold for pain *cough* So yeah, limit straps are on the way, lol... Driver side Front shock bottomed, no damage to anything but the shock. Now the question: Upgrade to King 3.0's and live with a less than happy better half... Or stick with the 2.0's...

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
Well... Twas bound to happen, might have exceeded the 2.0's threshold for pain *cough* So yeah, limit straps are on the way, lol... Driver side Front shock bottomed, no damage to anything but the shock. Now the question: Upgrade to King 3.0's and live with a less than happy better half... Or stick with the 2.0's...

I vote for the 3.0's. I have them and love them. Although you have to get a new coil mount for those big 3.0's to fit. If you don't want the hassle you could get the 2.5 pintops which should be a direct swap. I had the 2.5 pintops as well and they don't disappoint either. I'll be surprised if you ever break them. I beat on my truck pretty hard and they took it all day long.

Notneb

Reaction score
I vote for the 3.0's. I have them and love them. Although you have to get a new coil mount for those big 3.0's to fit. If you don't want the hassle you could get the 2.5 pintops which should be a direct swap. I had the 2.5 pintops as well and they don't disappoint either. I'll be surprised if you ever break them. I beat on my truck pretty hard and they took it all day long.

Yeah I know, it's just a matter of convincing the ball and chain to authorize use of vacation funds... Just gotta find the worst youtube video's of European tourism... should do it. Or just have her watch Hostel or Taken...

I'm not worried about breaking the 3.0's, once they're strapped in, it's pretty damn hard to screw them over, unless you take a lot of other stuff out with it, lol. But make no mistake, this truck is going to have a hard life!

Latest posts

Members online