Carli Radius Arms or OUO 3 Link

NevaEnough

Reaction score
I'm running the Carli Pintop 2.5 with full leaf upgrade. I've been thinking about upgrading the stock radius arms. I'm leading towards carli becuase those are the parts I have. I'd like to here your opinions on this matter.

Also, considering OUO traction bars. I'm not noticing any problems with the rear but id like to see how much this would actually help with shifting.

Lastly, Drag link upgrade? Anyone running one? If so is there a noticable difference? I'd like to tighten up my steering.

Thanks Much

captjoe

Reaction score
I hear the 3 link will tighten everything up in the front ( better feedback to the wheel )
as fra as the draglink , Not sure , love to see some comments on that.
I have the Icon 4.5" Stage 2 with 1" spacer going in mine..

Aaron S

Reaction score
If you are going to keep the truck for ever then carli is probably the best option. If you are ever going to sell the lift then I would go with the OUO. The adjustability would probably make the OUO easier to sell. I would consider both equal quality. I have the OUO bars on my truck but have not seen Carli parts in person.

If you ever install traction bars on the back of the truck, you will have to be very careful with the length of the bars. They will probably have to be very short to prevent binding of the rear suspension.

NevaEnough

Reaction score
I was pretty set on the Carli radius arms. Ouo's ALA looked pretty sharp.

I did read about the traction bars binding up the rear. I do minimum off road and I am tuned so I figured it would help with shifting. I watched OUO's videos on some pretty big lifts cruising the dunes with no problems.

Hymn, hopefully get some more info on this topic. Thanks man

Layson

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the Carli ones. They are non adjustable stock replacement arms. Anyone see a stock arm fail? Don't you still need the drop brackets? I don't like how they notched them so the tires don't rub at full lock.

TripleE44

Reaction score
After seeing what the carli guys do with their trucks, if I had your setup I'd be buying carli radius arms of those options. If they needed to be adjustable they probably would've done it. They do some serious testing.

NevaEnough

Reaction score
Layson, With the Carli Radius Arms you do need the drop brackets but they come standard with the 4.5" pintop. Luckily my tires don't rub the stock radius arms anyway. I think the big thing with the Carli arms is the limit straps, "more strength", and I believe it adds up to 1* of caster.

The ALA's are just appealing to me for some reason. Id like to have my front end dialed in perfectly.

Triplee44, I think your right. Probably better to stick with carli stuff.

Layson

Reaction score
There are brackets on the ALA's for limit straps.

Don't all the videos of ford Carli trucks show stock radius arms. So did they break some stock arms and needed to make bigger stock arms so they didn't break?

Layson

Reaction score
It would be expensive or difficult to make the Carli arms adjustable.

NevaEnough

Reaction score
There are brackets on the ALA's for limit straps.

Don't all the videos of ford Carli trucks show stock radius arms. So did they break some stock arms and needed to make bigger stock arms so they didn't break?

Some videos are with some are without. How much adjustability are we talking with the ALA's. Once they are on will I need to do any adjusting?

I'm pretty sure no one has broken radius arms under "normal" driving conditions.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Aside from the radius arm vs 3 link you asked about drag link. Pmf makes one and it really helped my truck (more so then just having new joints). It's a beefy unit.

NevaEnough

Reaction score
Aside from the radius arm vs 3 link you asked about drag link. Pmf makes one and it really helped my truck (more so then just having new joints). It's a beefy unit.

Did you notice a big difference from stock?

I'm running 37's and my steering is definitely off.

Thanks much.

captjoe

Reaction score
can you tell me if you have a 1" longer draglink or stock size and your lift if any..

Agjake11

Reaction score
Did notice a good bit of difference. Highway driving it wandered a bit but with the replacement it took it away. Very noticeable right after install.

Truck is 2.5" lift and 35"s. Stock length draglink with moog ends

NevaEnough

Reaction score
Did notice a good bit of difference. Highway driving it wandered a bit but with the replacement it took it away. Very noticeable right after install.

Truck is 2.5" lift and 35"s. Stock length draglink with moog ends

Did you use the stock or offroad?

Any chance of a pic?

Agjake11

Reaction score
Stock version. Talked to Trevor and even with the amount of off-road and rough terrain I'm on daily the stock was the recommended.

F0702A02-8DDD-415E-A7C6-A84A48C0C811_zpsdi5lrsvg.jpg

6C6851EF-6DBA-4328-AFEE-4998594BED97_zpskobyz26m.jpg

Agjake11

Reaction score
The off-road version is a differnt joint at the pitman arm and requires serious modifications to install. Like drilling out the pitman arm etc.

The install wasn't bad. Hardest part was breaking the ball joints free.

Layson

Reaction score
Some videos are with some are without. How much adjustability are we talking with the ALA's. Once they are on will I need to do any adjusting?

I'm pretty sure no one has broken radius arms under "normal" driving conditions.

I guess normal to me is watching the carli guys beat up their trucks in all the youtube videos. If the stock arms can handle that then that is pretty good. Most people are not going to do that to their truck.

There is lots of adjustment. Where you can run them on a stock truck and crank them out to fit a 6" lift. No drop brackets and you can put the caster right where it needs to be.

443_Product_Cards_Page_13.jpg

Latest posts

Members online