Catch Can and Venturi

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yes I have that getting tig welded this week also.

Just wondering but you see anywhere you could mount it under the hood so you could route it back into the intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwalk09

Reaction score
Why would you want to run it back to the intake?

Mainly to just keep the stock vacuum from the crankcase. I'm sure the Venturi gives the proper amount though . I wouldn't think much oil would get by the stock ccv filter and also a catch can or would it ?

dcswetman

Reaction score
Mainly to just keep the stock vacuum from the crankcase. I'm sure the Venturi gives the proper amount though . I wouldn't think much oil would get by the stock ccv filter and also a catch can or would it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

A few weeks ago my truck started to white smoke after make 20+ psi and jumping out the throttle real quick. So i put a no limit ccv reroute on the truck and it stopped the problem if that tells you how much it will let by. And it wasnt a little smoke either. But a little oil makes a lot of smoke so i really dont know how much it was letting by but i pulled all my boots and piping and cleaned them and they had oil all in them.

jwalk09

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

A few weeks ago my truck started to white smoke after make 20+ psi and jumping out the throttle real quick. So i put a no limit ccv reroute on the truck and it stopped the problem if that tells you how much it will let by. And it wasnt a little smoke either. But a little oil makes a lot of smoke so i really dont know how much it was letting by but i pulled all my boots and piping and cleaned them and they had oil all in them.

Yeh I would assume the catch can would prevent the oil passing through though. How many miles on the truck? Haven't heard of one smoking that bad when leaving the ccv as a closed system

dcswetman

Reaction score
78k it was pretty bad. Wish i had a video. It would smoke for a good 5-10 seconds if i stayed out the throttle. First time it did it i was thinking FUUKKKK what have i done now out here goofing off

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
78k it was pretty bad. Wish i had a video. It would smoke for a good 5-10 seconds if i stayed out the throttle. First time it did it i was thinking FUUKKKK what have i done now out here goofing off

i'm just glad it helped brutha !

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I like that position of bung. Shame I can't get one up in there. Don't want the extra length of hose to run down the frame rail and across. Looks good

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
you can just unplug it. It won't throw any codes. It was mandated by the smog people(E P__A) but not monitored for flow or anything

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Cool well I went ahead and chopped one up to see what it was and it looks like there was wire inside the ring retainer . So I'm sure it had some purpose ? But you're correct no codes

55B0631D-B94F-4F34-BDEC-4E5EDC1DA4EA.jpg

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
The sensor is a hall effect sensor, detects whether. Seems like 11s and 12s have no trouble at all unplugging this, but some 13s and definitely 14s-current throw codes if you were to unplug or remove it. I'm sure this is addressed by tuners so it doesn't throw codes, but for stock trucks it most certainly will.

Latest posts

Members online