CB Radios

Sniper32

Reaction score
Cobra 29 LTD with a 4 ft FireStik
DSC03111.jpg

DSC03112.jpg

DSC03113.jpg

dont mind the crapy glass work...it was my first time but it works till i have the time to redo it

johnday

Reaction score
Barton City Michigan, under a rock or log, where t
I've got 2 Uniden PC78Elites, 1 Uniden PC78LTW, and a Galaxy 949. One of the Elites I've had in the SD for 6 or 7 years, the other, I used to run in my big trucks. The LTW was bought to replace the Elite for the big trucks, that was dumb. I thought I was having problems with the Elite, but turns out it was the guys radio that was "helping" me.
The Galaxy is my favourite. I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, and it was a good price, $129 from another driver, and the box was never opened. I put a good Astatic mic, and a Uniden talk back remote on it, and a Wilson something antenna, a 4 footer, with the vicegrip type clampon mount for the big truck, I was slipseating then, along with a 9' coax. That combination worked very well, as long as I got a decent ground on the antenna. I mounted it on the right side top mirror arm, so I wouldn't keep pinching the cable in the door.
All mine are as barefoot as the day they were made, although, if I need it again, the Galaxy will be modified.
The only mounting I've done out of the ordinary is on the SD. I sort/kinda modified a bolt on mirror mount to use on the driver side "dumbo" mirror.
I'll try to remember to get photo later today. I saw on another SD of a friends, that he used a type of gutter mount on the back of the hood, with somekind of 4' whip. It actually worked pretty good.;)

Just a little side note. If anyone has a radio with that stupid "Roger beep", turn that POS off, you're not as cool as ya think!!!!

Last edited:

David S.

Reaction score
I'll get some up when o get my truck back this week... but mine slid right in. it's cb sized

your cb must be smaller than mine because if I want to keep the same cb and mount it in my overhead console then I need to trim the console just a tad

love the fiberglass setup of yours John! Wish I had the balls to attempt something like that

Pstroke96

Reaction score
looks like the 29 is pretty popular. heres mine mounted on the dash. the holes were already there so i put it right up, its ran through a radio shack special 3 foot antenna mounted on the fender

003-Copy7.jpg

083.jpg

jdc753

Reaction score
Only pic I have of mine installed. I finished it with the mic holder on the drivers side of the console and the console tucked up better to the headliner. Learned a lot with this project and would do it a totally different way next time around.

DSC01352.jpg

Had firestiks mounted on the mirrors at first

DSC01355.jpg

Then I moved them to the toolbox after the passenger side mount broke (over a year of catching branches daily, never liked the look of springs) Now I am at a loss since I REALLY don't want to drill my new toolbox to mount the antennas to the box.

chromehound

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting the fender mounts? They aren't popular around here so nobody has them and all the onles I've tried to make come out like crap.

sniper_101

Reaction score
I run a Cobra 29 LTD Chrome mounted to the ceiling and a single 4' Firestik Firefly in the wiper cowl, opposite the radio antenna. Works pretty good for my needs. Will grab pics when the truck is running again.