CB Radios

David S.

Reaction score
I got all my stuff from rightchannelradios.com
yup thats where I get my stuff mostly. Also there's a nice local store that I go to if I have some questions. Installing my cb now in my overhead console, wish me luck!!:thumbup:

BFT

Reaction score
yup thats where I get my stuff mostly. Also there's a nice local store that I go to if I have some questions. Installing my cb now in my overhead console, wish me luck!!:thumbup:

it should be pretty eay if you dont have a sun roof. just pull down and it should unclip

David S.

Reaction score
10-4 Thats exactly what I did and just had to use a dremel to do some trimming of the console,but she fits like a glove! Need to do some trimming behind it cb though, sticks a little too far out for my liking

BFT

Reaction score
mine is a small one, cobra 19 DX IV and a 3' fire stick
. fits good and works well for what i need it for. i wish i had a little more range when im doing long hauls but im going to have to uprade the antenna.

IMG_7762.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_6787.jpg

whitejohn

Reaction score
heres mine i welded the bracket to a peice of flat stock and painted to match my headliner then screwed it in behind the sunvisor clips so i have no damage to my headliner. and im running dual firesticks mounted to my mirrors.

Attachments

• 2011-03-24 19.05.56.jpg
    2011-03-24 19.05.56.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
  • 2011-03-24 19.06.09.jpg
    2011-03-24 19.06.09.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • 2011-03-24 19.06.18.jpg
    2011-03-24 19.06.18.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
  • 2011-03-24 19.06.51.jpg
    2011-03-24 19.06.51.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • 100319_103606.jpg
    100319_103606.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 77

psdguy95

Reaction score
I'm running a Cobra 29 classic with a wilson 1000 mounted on the roof. One day it will be peaked and tuned but for now i'm happy with it.

TWEETER

Reaction score
Im runnin a Cobra 29 Bluetooth also but it wont connect to my droid well enough to talk with. It will answer and hang up calls just cant hear nothin through it. It worked with my dads old phone tho. Im using a k40 antenna right now on top of the cab. It works for the most part just need to get it tuned and peeked and maybe "modified" a lil bit. I got mine screwed to the ashtray since I never use it. It gets in the way every once in awhile but not for the most part. I will get pics soon if I remember.

johnday

Reaction score
Barton City Michigan, under a rock or log, where t
The bluetooth, I know nothing about. Is this the same technology that helps you pretend to be Mr. Spock? I know plenty of drivers who think they need to on be a cell phone every time they turn a key, but the quality of their speech, background noise, etc., is too much for me. I tell them they sound like crap, and when they can, please park it safely and call me back.;)

PsRumors

Reaction score
The bluetooth, I know nothing about. Is this the same technology that helps you pretend to be Mr. Spock? I know plenty of drivers who think they need to on be a cell phone every time they turn a key, but the quality of their speech, background noise, etc., is too much for me. I tell them they sound like crap, and when they can, please park it safely and call me back.;)

I have a technician that would always call me from a BT headset....I finally warned him for the last time...one more call on the damn thing and he was fired.

brewer

Reaction score
It is. I only got it because of the cell phone laws in CA and how much I hate the little ear things. I will admit, the quality on it isn't great. People can't always hear me or they say I sound like I'm in a tunnel. So still figuring it out. But it is nice to be able to talk through the CB mic instead of holding the phone and driving. I can also just put the mic in my cup holder and talk, you don't even have to push the talk button on the mic. But I still try to avoid using it as much as possible because of the call quality :doh:.

johnday

Reaction score
Barton City Michigan, under a rock or log, where t
It is. I only got it because of the cell phone laws in CA and how much I hate the little ear things. I will admit, the quality on it isn't great. People can't always hear me or they say I sound like I'm in a tunnel. So still figuring it out. But it is nice to be able to talk through the CB mic instead of holding the phone and driving. I can also just put the mic in my cup holder and talk, you don't even have to push the talk button on the mic. But I still try to avoid using it as much as possible because of the call quality :doh:.

That pretty much describes the sound, sometimes it's so bad, I can't understand a word.

Here are the three radios I have as spares right now. You can see the talk back speaker and my Astatic mic as well. Poor photo quality as usuall:(

Attachments

• radios.jpg
    radios.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 90

ytee

Reaction score
I have a Stryker SR 447HPC with a Wilson 5000 in the middle of the roof. I have a Uniden scanner also.

Chris