CCV re-route

05sixliter

Reaction score
planning on re routing my CCV this weekend. just curious what size hose to use? i plan on running the hose back around the transfer case and simply dumping it off. any other items needed other than hose and clamps? any input is appreciated.

what a mess

Reaction score
yea and some ecectrical box plugs 3/4 i think i dont remember and some sillicone to close the hole in the cai tube its easy u cna just buy like 3 foot of hose and dump it out by the front tire if u want that how i did it i droped it down right next the the coil mount the less distance the better

poorboy1964

Reaction score
1" yes I dropped mine at the transfer case also, I can't remember the size of the plug but make sure it is in there really good. I saw some pics of one that came out and sucked up into the turbo that was ugly...

05sixliter

Reaction score
1" yes I dropped mine at the transfer case also, I can't remember the size of the plug but make sure it is in there really good. I saw some pics of one that came out and sucked up into the turbo that was ugly...

yeah i can only imagine how ugly that could get. thanks for all the input.

Mud digger

Reaction score
You should get a hold of Lubbock guy on the org. He machines aluminum plugs for the cai tube. no chance of them getting sucked in and not a bad price at all!

kdogg85

Reaction score
It wouldn't happen to be a powermax that had the comp chewed up would it? That was a snafu after installing an afe intake.

I had a pipe plug jb'd and hose clamped to the stocker for a while and it never budged.

05sixliter

Reaction score
got it finished saturday evening. i used 8' of heater hose dumped on the frame rail behind the transfer case. i used a 3/4 electrical box plug that was a very tight fit, siliconed it also.

Latest posts

Members online