CCV ******

Swanny307

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say I went the cheep route until I do the turbo upgrade then I'll ****** the ccv factory box. I grab one inch hose and a clamp, been running it for over a year without any issues. I think I have 7 dollars wrapped up in it. I guess if I'm doing something wrong someone please fill me in.
6c0ab7eef8868ca3cb8f6d2835737c2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
Has anyone tried out MPD's new "baffle" for their CCV ****** kit? I am interested in this but don't want to waste my money if it doesn't work.

That's what im going to go with, Its the same design as any piece of equipment.

Its Almost like steel wool and just helps to keep oil splash from getting and exiting the hose.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say I went the cheep route until I do the turbo upgrade then I'll ****** the ccv factory box. I grab one inch hose and a clamp, been running it for over a year without any issues. I think I have 7 dollars wrapped up in it. I guess if I'm doing something wrong someone please fill me in.
6c0ab7eef8868ca3cb8f6d2835737c2a.jpg

Serves same purpose . U plug the hole in the intake ?

Swanny307

Reaction score
Serves same purpose . U plug the hole in the intake ?

Yes I plugged with a bar stool rubber foot and a hose clamp, I haven't had any dust or anything enter the the intake.

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but how important is this mod? Truck has the normal upgrades but eventually will get a bigger turbo setup. I guess I just don't want the oil dripping all over the bottom of the truck or on the driveway. I do like how Noteb ( I think that his name) routed it to the exhaust though.

I have the kit that leaves CCV in place make me an offer. I have a full ****** it came with the H and S turbo kit. All is new except the nipple deal. That is about 1000 miles old.
DD4F74A4-8990-4293-87A7-9C0D821BF591.jpg

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
You know it! I wanna get the H&S piping soon too. You'll get a good order in March when we get our bi-yearly bonus hahA

Armyman0

Reaction score
The vapor cant be any worse then smelling the diesel exhaust on our trucks when straight piped all the way back. Did this on my old dmax and routed the tube straight down to the ground and never had any drips or anything.

Reaction score
For those of you asking about the factory CCV box, it does have a filter in the box that traps a large amount of oil and drains it back to the engine.

nbh1226

Reaction score
For those of you asking about the factory CCV box, it does have a filter in the box that traps a large amount of oil and drains it back to the engine.

If that is the case why does it drain back into the intake too?

jwalk09

Reaction score
If that is the case why does it drain back into the intake too?

Intake creates a vacuum and pulls some oil back through

nbh1226

Reaction score
Intake creates a vacuum and pulls some oil back through

So the box pulls from the crankcase then drains back into the engine AND the intake?

Edit: Googled a picture. I see how it is now. I just don't see the rubber plug in the H&S Kit picture that would plug the intake which is what was confusing me.

Last edited:

ford rules

Reaction score
Your paying for the CNC machined block off pucks basically then just a few fittings and hose.

nbh1226

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how the ccv kits are worth $200+? Seems weird to me?

If you want to look on the cheaper end check out the $50 kit from H&S. It doesn't ****** the box but it reroutes the oil. You keep the box and that acts as a catch can.

I don't have a link accessible on me right now.

Latest posts

Members online