CDL section?

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
This is a Michigan "Short Double" tri or quad axle dump truck that pulls a "A train" style pup trailer. Our's are setup with a quad axle trailer (3 live 1 air lift) & a 2 axle dolly. YOu can lock the dolly so it pivots off the main pintle hitch instead of a pintle & fifth wheel hitch for backing up in a straight line. You can't do that when you back up on sharp turns around a corner though. You have to get good at "free wheeling" them with 2 pivot points. We can gross 148k with the setup you see here.

photobucket-62209-1359725093077_zpsfcdf3c72.jpg

MEH... Ford Ranger can haul more...

Demon

Reaction score
From the truck rodeo in Quebec. That's coga I think.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360611783444.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360611783444.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 68

gmatusek9110

Reaction score
There an acret in the 379 an im building a 6nz for the new glider with pdi goodies cant let a driver get the 379 an be abel to pass me lol.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
Figured I'd bump this thread with some good news. I finally got my major changed at school so I'll be taking my cdl class. I've just got to talk to the deans about special requesting the class for right when I come back to school after harvest this coming year

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
To keep this going. Does anyone have a couple tips on how to adjust the fuel and add more fuel to a 350 Big Cam cummins?? other then the dual feed lines, Putting a bigger fuel button in the pump??? Just looking for a little more pull or stay out of it.. Right now it hates 31 bales.. cant seem to keep it in OD even on flat ground.. i am going to replace all the return lines and go with a bigger line to help stop the RPM "hang" when you let of the throttle between shifts.. Would make shifting quicker..

Any help would be great!!

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
To keep this going. Does anyone have a couple tips on how to adjust the fuel and add more fuel to a 350 Big Cam cummins?? other then the dual feed lines, Putting a bigger fuel button in the pump??? Just looking for a little more pull or stay out of it.. Right now it hates 31 bales.. cant seem to keep it in OD even on flat ground.. i am going to replace all the return lines and go with a bigger line to help stop the RPM "hang" when you let of the throttle between shifts.. Would make shifting quicker..

Any help would be great!!

Talk to this guy, he plays around with all the older stuff. http://www.freewebs.com/nevrenufhp/

Diesel tech, I employed at a new holland dealership which is why Im going to school

Good deal, if they are paying for it then go for it.

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
If someone else is paying for the schooling, then take all the tests, certifications, licenses you can take!

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
One thing I will say that I've discovered over the years. You will find that most heavy truck mechanics don't have a CDL for a few reasons. Main reason is that they don't want to be sent out to drive for work or pick a truck up if they are short a driver. The other big reason is the responsibility's that come with having a CDL vrs a normal operator license. You will find at a lot of shops when they road test trucks they will wait until a free driver comes along & make them go drive for them. I'm not saying it's good/bad, just what you will find at most shops.

Latest posts

Members online