Chevy towing mirrors

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
I am currently repainting my truck and id like to put either dodge or chevy mirrors on my truck and i figured it would be best to do it now so i only have to do the body work/paint once. I know where to get mounting plates for the dodgemirrors but imo they look better on exteneded/crew cabs than regular cabs. But i love how the chevy mirrors look but i cant find adapters for them. Have any of you done this or know where to get some kind of adapter? Im sure i can fab something up for them but to me it would be worth the money for a garauntee that itll work.

08Monster

Reaction score
Wtf? Ford hands down has the best mirrors in 08+? It isn't even a close comparison. Why not use the best?

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
The real issue with SD mirrors is you have to lose your flapper window, the other two you dont. Dodge look stupid on a dodge let alone a ford. I wouldn't dare put a chevy mirror on my ford.

Here is a neat idea, the newer F150 tow mirrors look pretty good on the OBS and still can use your flapper window.

mawbuilds

Reaction score
I like chevy mirrors cuz they don't need to be extended to see passed wing window and kinda look like sd mirrors.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I think the chevy mirror us the best option, but still not a huge fan. If you do get chevy mirrors, get the 89-99 replacements that look just like the new ones but hav we a smaller base

kmanxj

Reaction score
I think the chevy mirror us the best option, but still not a huge fan. If you do get chevy mirrors, get the 89-99 replacements that look just like the new ones but hav we a smaller base

Do those still use the three studs to mount? I have 99-07 ones, but you can clearly see how much smaller the base is on the 88-98. So I'm thinking about selling the 99-07 and going 88-98

TylerPuterbaugh7

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought an 96 F250 7.3 XLT. its my first truck and I really wanna swap the mirrors to the new style. how is this even possible?

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
It takes a little custom frabrication, basically you will build a mounting bracket right outside your flapper window and bolt it right up.

josh77

Reaction score
ive got the chevy mirrors on my crew cab to me they still look funny but functionally is awesome power and i can see the end of my trailer

josh77

Reaction score
the super duty mirrors look stupid on our trucks dont fit the door at all and loose the wing window

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. Then put the ugly azz cummins ones on. Wtf was the question then?

weareweird69

Reaction score
So much better than any stock option. IF you have a wide bed, or tow 95% of the time. If this was a flatbed, or pickup. Id NEVER consider it.

1549476_10152665908408097_3417922205355762855_n.jpg

Power, and Heated. Couldn't see around the bed before with the camper style mirrors, and now I can!

KYpatriot

Reaction score
You dont like obs tow mirrors? You can swing them out or swing them in when not towing, and they look like they belong on the truck.

Latest posts

Members online